Author Topic: When are you adding MVPS 4.1.23 to Blue Planet Complete?  (Read 1943 times)

When are you adding MVPS 4.1.23 to Blue Planet Complete?
So I'm currently enjoying a playthrough of Freespace Blue, I'm also enjoying it with the new MVPS 4.1.23, even though they're not updated yet, I simply replaced the files in the MVPS 4.0.0 folder with the 4.1.23 ones, and Freespace Blue loads the new hi poly models, new weapons, etc with no problems. I've played maybe 8 missions, no problems.

Except that Knosses tends to not like this. Usually after restart of the PC or of Knossos. Once it decided that I had to re download the MVPS 4.0.0, and another time it removed Blue Planet Completed entirely from Knossos by itself. Odd.

Would appreciate a lot if the MVPS got added to Freespace Blue, I've actually never tried FS2 campaign with the enhancements and changes of Freespace Blue, and would very much like to play with the new and gorgeous models.

Since it seems it has no problem or errors when I forcefully add the files, maybe updating it should be piece a cake.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:02:13 am by Meatball »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: When are you adding MVPS 4.1.23 to Blue Planet Complete?
Updating should be a piece of cake, however it seems that there is currently a bug in nebula (the file storage backend for Knossos) that prevents us (or, me at least) from creating a new release. As soon as we find a way to resolve this, the update will be released.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Awh shucks. Well I'll have to keep replacing the files then until you guys resolve it :)

Just got the 1.0.7 update and found the "partially installed" bug. Funny thing is I booted it up and it worked fine. No warnings or other errors

That's quick work! I write about the update one day and it's out the next! Nice job you guys! :D

Just got the 1.0.7 update and found the "partially installed" bug. Funny thing is I booted it up and it worked fine. No warnings or other errors
I also got this error! But the game works fine!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:40:04 am by Meatball »

Offline Darius

This is also after several days of posts asking for a similar update  :D so the update is overdue more than anything.

That said i included The E's mission fix for Kings Gambit that may have broken the FSBlue package (I had Knossos pack the vp for me) so things may not be in the clear yet. Let us know if people are having trouble with it.

Further update:

When choosing campaign ingame after starting Blue Planet Complete, it no longer specifies Freespace Blue, just says Freespace 2.

Is it still the enhanced version or is this another error/bug? It's playing the retail campaign?

Offline Darius

No, that's an error. It should still say Freespace Blue.
If others report this error as well I'll just have to upload the loose files for FSBlue.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Knossos didn't download the fsblue package for 1.0.7 for me, and I've seen other people on discord reporting similar error messages to the one I got. So if you're just seeing Freespace 2 in the campaign list, you might not actually have the fsblue mission files.
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Further update:

When choosing campaign ingame after starting Blue Planet Complete, it no longer specifies Freespace Blue, just says Freespace 2.

Is it still the enhanced version or is this another error/bug? It's playing the retail campaign?

FYI I got the partial download message. I restarted knossos and BP was showing 1.0.7. It appears to be working. The campaign list is showing FS2 not FS Blue. Hope that helps :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If it says FreeSpace 2 not FreeSpace Blue it’s not working and few of the changes are in effect...I’m pretty sure.

Just popping in to confirm the same FSBlue error message. Everything else seems to be fine.

Offline CT27

https://fsnebula.org/mod/blueplanetcomplete

I just noticed an update to 1.0.8.

What was changed from 1.0.7?

Offline Darius

I suspected the FSBlue issue was due to the VP packing process so it's all loose files for now. FSBlue should be working again.