Author Topic: Some BWO discussion (formerly PS story)  (Read 12402 times)

Some BWO discussion (formerly PS story)
A while ago I found this campaign outline written by Ace in a thread from 2012: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80527.msg1600629#msg1600629
I guessed that this was the plotline for the would-be successor of BWO given how PS was supposed to be the conclusion for the CE storys but I wasn't sure, any confirmation of that?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:30:28 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Re: Paradigm Shift storyline?
Yes, PS was supposed to be the conclusion of the CE stories. :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
They worked on it but as everyone left it was cancelled like BWO pretty much.
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

So that is the PS plotline and not an unrelated project by Ace?

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra

Ace had his own project with Twilight and sequel was supposed to be Babel Effect (i think BWO ended having some of the plot trough)

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Ace had his own project with Twilight and sequel was supposed to be Babel Effect (i think BWO ended having some of the plot trough)

AFAIK Babel Effect wasn't about anything Sol-related (and hence set before BWO- though of course not excluding the possibility that some parts of the plot ended up in BWO) so this is either PS or a different campaign.

Offline starlord

I’m still hoping that something could be done regarding the limbo BWO is currently in so that this continuity could have some form of closure.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It could be finished with a couple fredders and a couple months' work.

Is the "we need everything in HTL" a thing of the past now? AFAIK (what doesn't need to mean much in terms of BWO) there was still some old stuff.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Pretty much my stance

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Pretty much my stance

"I need three ships and fifty stout men..."
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
So maybe something that the campaign upgrade guys could probably do if they had some help and they had interest.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra

AFAIK Babel Effect wasn't about anything Sol-related (and hence set before BWO- though of course not excluding the possibility that some parts of the plot ended up in BWO) so this is either PS or a different campaign.

there is that GTVI rebellion part that had some things from twilight when i had chance to see long time ago playing the ''beta''

So maybe something that the campaign upgrade guys could probably do if they had some help and they had interest.

While Twisted Infinities is an example of a more or less dead campaign that got safed and ultimatly released through FSCRP, AFAIK Admiral Nelson was involved in BWO drama at some point so I'm afraid it's not likely.

there is that GTVI rebellion part that had some things from twilight when i had chance to see long time ago playing the ''beta''

So BWO is about GTVI rebelling? I already guessed that with the "somewhat like MT" references though.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Can't disclose such info :P
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org

Pretty much my stance

Mine as well. :)

Does any of you 2 have a list of potential available Fredders or asked around? Last news I heard on Discord (though from earlier this year) was that Battuta had no time, also he said "several".

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Slight chance after 20 years? ;) but i think best way would be try to get it done in two parts one part dealing the first half before **Beeeepp and the other part after you can *beeep* *beep*

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Slight chance after 20 years? ;) but i think best way would be try to get it done in two parts one part dealing the first half before **Beeeepp and the other part after you can *beeep* *beep*

No idea about the "chance".
We did settle on doing it in episodes. 3 or 4. :)

Raven is a god.