Author Topic: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot  (Read 165419 times)

Offline CT27

Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot
I didn't know about this until today...reading this thread was the first I heard of Herkie's passing.  It was also sad to hear about his mother passing.  The last time I talked with Herkie on FB was perhaps about a couple months ago...his mother was very sick then and they thought she wouldn't make it at that point but then it looked like she recovered.

Like his campaigns or not, one can't deny he was one of the most passionate people here about FS campaigns.  You could feel in them that he cared and I think that's one of the things people like about campaigns...that there was some true passion put in.

He was a great person and will be missed.  I definitely enjoyed the original The Aftermath and its remake AFR.  We didn't always agree on the development of AFR2 (aka TBG), but it was good to have the opportunity to work on developing that with him as well.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Herkie was a great guy and will be dearly missed.  It was a pleasure to know him and to see the sheer volume and ambition of what he produced.  My condolences to him and his family.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It always amazed me how Herkie was able to overcome significant external technical hurdles and release two massive ambitious campaigns. That's the very definition of passion as far as I'm concerned. From what Herkie said, he underwent traumatic events in his past, and this sounds like an absolute tragedy. Rest in peace, and thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
Rest in Peace sweet Prince; you were too good for this World

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Very sorry to hear about this. RIP.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
My condolences to family, friends and everybody else who liked him.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Rest in peace you wonderful, creative man.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED