Author Topic: Cutscene Upgrade Project  (Read 257642 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: Cutscene Upgrade Project
Really nice! The original Bastion Dies cutscene was not one of my favourites since I felt it was a bit rushed and too bright, but I don't get the same vibes from your remake for some reason, even though the pacing and camera angles are exactly the same.

Good work on the visual effects - the background more closely resembling what we see in-game, the shockwave coming from the detonation, and the flames more clearly showing the debris being sucked into the collapsing node. I especially liked how you've made the latter more obvious, and it leaves a good final impression of the cutscene.

The Herc II that kills the second Shivan fighter seems to perform the about-turn a bit too fast (right after the pilot says "bandit down") for a heavy assault fighter, looking as though the pilot had enabled mouselook. You might want to slow down the turn a little.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 17 March 2020, 1340hrs UTC, #general
z64555
I highly doubt I'd be able to get enough precision with hand tools and a drill press to be able to make a good quality lathe
in fact, often its more expensive to try to build one from raw materials.  Unless you have access to a high-grade junkyard where you can salvage parts from

Mito [PL]
the hardest part would be the "table" everything is on itself
because well, nothing can beat a ton and a half of strong steel shaped for the purpose

z64555
yes

Mito [PL]
Actually, seasoned ton and a half of strong steel shaped for the purpose

z64555
seasoned? what, you added spices to the metal?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 420, Cutscenes: 10, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
Re: Cutscene Upgrade Project
By the time I noticed that about face issue I had already done a lot of the post effects. I slowed it down some but if I changed it anymore then I'd have to redo a lot of work. So I decided to just leave it. It's pretty far away from the camera and the eye is drawn to the myrms at that point anyway.

And yeah I agree. I'm not sure what it is, but the original always felt plain. I'm very happy that my version has a little more life.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 11:41:50 pm by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!