Author Topic: Can't get BP to work on Knossos with 1.1.1  (Read 1207 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Can't get BP to work on Knossos with 1.1.1
I seem to be having problems getting BP to work on Knossos. I updated it 1.1.0 and forgot to copy my missions to the new folder. Then it updated to 1.1.1 while i was copying the files across, so i then moved them to 1.1.1 and now the game will not launch after the new update. I keep getting the following message

"No executable was found for this mod"

How do i fix this in Knossos?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Re: Can't get BP to work on Knossos with 1.1.1
if you haven't already, I would suggest going into the FSO settings screen for the mod(either click on the small arrow at the bottom of the mod tile in the library or on the options button in the mod details screen to get there) and then make sure something is selected in the executables dropdown. If something already is, or if there's nothing to choose from, then that'll be the next problem to look at
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Same problem, except I wasn't copying missions around.  There is no Executables dropdown in the FSO Settings screen, for that mod or any other I have installed.  Comparison with mods that work seems to be that the FSO Build dropdown says Mod Default in Blue Planet, but is blank for the others.  There seems to be no way to make Blue Planet's FSO Build dropdown blank to test the theory, however. 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I somehow managed to get it to work, and all i did was shutdown knossos and reboot my computer, then relaunched Knossos and that seems to have done the trick. The only problem i now have is that for some reason it has lost all my campaign data, so i am having to restart BP from scratch again, which is no big problem as i love it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
FYI I'm having the same problem.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Turns out 1.1.1 doesn't install some critical components by default.  Go to Modify in the mod options menu in Knossos and check of whatever was missing (I forget which it is, because once installed Knossos deemed them essential and greyed them out to prevent uninstalling, but it's whichever ones aren't labeled optional in their descriptions). 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
FYI It's working now. I didn't do anything and I don't think I saw an update either. Just Knossos being odd again  :p
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]