Author Topic: Am i stupid ? (spoiler)  (Read 4117 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: Am i stupid ? (spoiler)

Found another case: the mission pursuing the Anagora (not the actual disable mission) was a failure when it was actually accomplished. This is not just 1 mission I am afraid

Question. Did you still progress? If so then there is no bug. That mission is really meant to be a failure. Objectives will show incomplete as it actually is. What was accomplished in there were "side missions" which were not even listed in the objectives screen.

But you can actually fail in that mission and will not let you progress if Dr. Hargrove was killed. The Shivan Comms node  "objective" will always be accomplished no matter what.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
It's a "loop" bug. It is fixed.

Offline MarkM84

I have tried the below, but to no avail the version of FRED2 Open that Knossos is using will not save the Campaign File. I attempted the mission 5 or 6 times in a row, each time I was told I had failed, with no skip button available. Is it possible to get the updated VP file which contains the corrected Campaign File, please, so that I may continue this very enjoyable mod.

It is a bug. A horrible one. I am very sorry for that. It's fixed now. The debrief will have a sad failure music, it's OK. It is intended.

What happen was the Branch SEXP and the Repeat Link SEXP in the mission loop was inverted or in reverse order. My mistake when I was editing things.

For anyone who can edit a campaign file, you can fix this. Just reverse the order. The Branch To SEXP above and place the Repeat Link SEXP below

Offline MarkM84

I have managed to skip the mission. I had to set the difficulty to "Insane" for the Shivans to kill me five times.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
This fix now with the October update (not the March update)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:53:14 am by herkie423 »