Author Topic: [RELEASE] Music/Album: Formation II: Across the Galaxy  (Read 1205 times)

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter
[RELEASE] Music/Album: Formation II: Across the Galaxy
I am on the cusp of releasing a new album, called Formation II: Across the Galaxy. It is made up of 12 instrumental soundtrack-ish orchestral/electronic tracks and runs just over an hour, with themes around various types of stars and nebulae. One of the tracks has already been converted for use in Series Resurrecta as an in-flight set!

Anyways, since it has the space theme and a lot of my initial inspiration at getting into songwriting was from the Freespace series, I thought I'd post it here ahead of release to see if anyone has any thoughts. For the purposes of this post it's just 192kbps .mp3s on a shared Google Drive folder, but I will soon release it formally on Bandcamp (free/donation) and most streaming services. Feel free to download and keep, or wait until the formal release, I'm happy as long as I know people are listening!

For anyone who has the interest, I would appreciate a note on whether this is publishing-worthy or it still has some glaring errors/imbalances/inconsistencies. With the caveat that this is just a hobby, I am not Hans Zimmer or Dan Wentz ;)
Edit: I received enough feedback to be comfortable publishing. It is now sitting with a distributor, so it should be on most online stores/streaming services by mid-Feb. I will update the below list as they come in.

Google Drive Folder
YouTube Playlist
Bandcamp ($0.00 download, flexible format)

[attachment deleted to save space]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 04:02:39 pm by ShadowsOfLight »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Album "Beta Test": Formation II: Across the Galaxy
All tracks ended up in my playlist. Thanks for sharing these masterpieces with this community (and SR too!).  :pimp:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter
Re: Album "Beta Test": Formation II: Across the Galaxy
All tracks ended up in my playlist. Thanks for sharing these masterpieces with this community (and SR too!).  :pimp:

Thanks Mobius! It's been fun to work with the SR team :D

I should add... Anyone who has thoughts on genre or similar artists would be super helpful.