Author Topic: Jaded's ModPacks  (Read 1311 times)

so going through and reinstalling the mod and ALL of the extras with it even if they have already been installed, i was able to run the freespace2 campaign with the updated visuals, and great job man, now im having issues with this on the blue planet complete. i made sure to install ALL of the files that were available for this install. and i havnt played yet, im just worried about issues. and if this is normal or if i should be informing the mods for blue planet about the issue to possibly get help if its needed.

i really appreciate your work with the mods, i wish i was able to do these things as well. i think it would be fun to tinker with

Hmm, that error usually means something isn't correctly installed. Like an installation partially failed. That's probably not a problem with blueplanet itself, so either my modpack or Knossos is going to be responsible.

Could you run the game in fast debug and then post a log for me? Fast Debug and the option to post a log can be found under the mods `Options` button in `Details`. Similar to the `FSO Settings` above. This should give me a complete list of what files it's failing to find and help me narrow down the source of the problem. Just run the game in fast debug until you get that error then exit and upload the log... then copy the link to me here so i can see it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:08:49 am by jadeddragoon »

Hmm, that error usually means something isn't correctly installed. Like an installation partially failed. That's probably not a problem with blueplanet itself, so either my modpack or Knossos is going to be responsible.

Could you run the game in fast debug and then post a log for me? Fast Debug and the option to post a log can be found under the mods `Options` button in `Details`. Similar to the `FSO Settings` above. This should give me a complete list of what files it's failing to find and help me narrow down the source of the problem. Just run the game in fast debug until you get that error then exit and upload the log... then copy the link to me here so i can see it.

Looks like I was wrong... this actually IS an issue in Blueplannet Complete based on info teejaycrunk gave me in discord. There's been a recent change in FSO that affects how sound tables are parsed. It seems the formatting of the BluePlannet Complete sound tables runs afoul of this change.

BPC already has a fix coming down the pipe... i'll release another RC with that version of BPC soon. If you can't wait, make sure you are playing the BluePlanet Complete modpack on 21.0.0 as per here.