Author Topic: What does -snd_preload do?  (Read 900 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
What does -snd_preload do?
Hi all very quick techie question. I copied someone's lighting present that they kindly shared and one of the entries was -snd_preload, and i'm not sure what it does. I tried looking it up on the wiki but a search didn't tuen anything up. Is this to do with the 'preload all sounds before mission' thingy I seem to recall seeing as an option on older builds? If so, does it still work and if so, what are the pros and cons to using it?

Cheers in advance :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Re: What does -snd_preload do?
From Shattered Star:

-snd_preload "Preload mission game sounds"
Decreases lag when a sound is played - takes up memory.

Preloads sounds used within a mission. Increases performance at the cost of memory. This is recommended.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Thought it might be. Thanks for the clarification  :) :nod: :yes:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

It literally does nothing. It used to do what was described above, but the engine will now always preload sounds and ignores the flag entirely.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.