Author Topic: Test VP- request to the community  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Inquisitor

Test VP- request to the community
Need someone to put together a couple of missions (one single, one multi) that uses everything we've done so far.

Anyone up for it? I want a self contained VP that we can use as a -mod option with all the goodies so far.

Whoever does this should do it in such a way that someone else can keep it updated OR be willing to work with us to keep it updated.

Any takers?

ps: Can the newsies go forth and post this?
No signature.

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Test VP- request to the community
Originally posted by Inquisitor
Need someone to put together a couple of missions (one single, one multi) that uses everything we've done so far.

:shaking: Everything? That'd be one huge assignment...

If you're patient enough to wait for the release of the first chapter of the TVWP, we'll be using practically every single new feature except fighter beams.  But that's all spread out over 29 missions. :)

Offline Inquisitor

Consolodated examples :)
No signature.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
How's about you make a nice consolidated list of changes to check out for this nice consolidated mission? ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Inquisitor

Mostly, that's the readme, though it has a couple errors in it and doesn't reflect a couple of the most recent additions from Goob.
No signature.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Ahh, but has there been a release that includes Goober's new additions?

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Which new additions? :D I've been putting in a few new features each week, except for when I have busy stuff going on such as right now.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Goober5000: SEXP Machine!
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Mostly, that's the readme, though it has a couple errors in it and doesn't reflect a couple of the most recent additions from Goob.

Could you summarize it inline here? I don't think I need to spell out the advantages to having it listed here, do I? :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Goober5000: SEXP Machine!

Sexp Bomb :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Black Wolf

Sexp Bomb :)

[color=66ff00]SEXP mad? :D
[/color]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
/me is still waiting for a list. ;)

Offline Inquisitor

Right this second, no, but a VP that did what the readme describes would be useful, nonetheless ;)

Head start with the one that is floating around, but a mission that did it all would be king, and the (few) recent additions should be esasy to add after I get them enumerated ;)

You volunteering?
No signature.

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by Maeglamor

[color=66ff00]SEXP mad? :D
[/color]

SEXPy? :p

(sorry...sorry...*goes back to hole*)
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
You volunteering?

I refuse to answer that question until I see a list. :D

Offline Inquisitor

No signature.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
"Different that this"??? :wtf:

*reads readme*

Hmm... I should have known better than to expect programmers and/or coders to put out a clear and concise readme text. :p ;)

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Sandwich
"Different that this"??? :wtf:

*reads readme*

Hmm... I should have known better than to expect programmers and/or coders to put out a clear and concise readme text. :p ;)

It would be kind of difficult for a complete newbie to pick this thing up and make sense of it... who's the intended audience?
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Inquisitor

It could use a little readability love.

The intended audience is you people, so, feel free to make corrections :)
No signature.

i was writing up a new one... but.............................. (runs in corner and continues work on new readme ....):shaking: