Author Topic: WIP...this time carrier  (Read 7281 times)

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
WIP...this time carrier
and look like this:

Model still need more details..working on it.
Comments? Sugestions?

Offline redmenace

looks like a cross between battle star galactica and a flying brick
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
It lokks like to a big Battleship, or something like Juggernaught. It's very big for a Carrier, too biiig but excellent for FUN !!!

I can't imagine the result when 20 squadron fighter are taking off .....

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I don't like it.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Looks good but it's rather seriously overtiled at the moment.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
ugh.... tiling will not suit that beast

good nonetheless :)
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Roanoke

I'd be inclined to make that a full length, fly through hangar like the Galactica.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Make the connection between the two bulkheads bigger or simply make it seem more massive.

It is a brick - either greebfy it with more little bricks or put some slated surfaces onto it - some super/sub-structure wouldn't hurt either.

Nice start BTW.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
It looks gigantic, I'll give you that.
 Add a raised bridge (like a star destroyer) on the back, sling back the pontoon (or maybe even forward), and narrow the front a bit, and it'll look good :)

Offline Yogert

looks like a cross between Battlestar Galactica and Wing Commander, only grayer....
"Who joins the army to be a Euphonium player?!"

i remember a ship from somewhere, where the hanger section was extended like that, wonder from where lol...

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I don't like the additional section. It just looks too massive to bother having an addition IMHO.

Get rid of it and it's connector entirely and concentrate on the main ship...

Oh yeah forgot to mention. The rear engines look like hangar openings, change that please!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
It's paint job and design make it look like an EA (from INF, not Babylon 5 :p) ship.

EDIT: Btw, what are it's dimensions?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 08:00:45 pm by 1313 »
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Being a brick is not necessarily a bad thing. The Orion's pretty bricklike too. Creates a feeling of power, in a way. "I'm tough as all heck. ph33r me."

The darker grey texture, however, must change.

And are those hanger doors I spy? Do they actually close?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
what do yo uthink? :doubt:
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Looks too much like an installation. Maybe you can convert it to be that instead :) .

Textures suck. Model's pretty nice.

Some of the areas seem a bit plain and underdetailed.

Oh, can we see a size comparison?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by MatthewPapa
Looks too much like an installation. Maybe you can convert it to be that instead :) .

I agree.  Make it kind of an orbital platform that launches fighters.  I am put in mind of a piece of the briefing from the Inferno mission when you engage their fleet in Earth Lagrange point.  It mentions that fighters and bombers will be jumping in from staging points all through the area.  I was thinking that they were being launched from orbital platforms and mini-instellations designed ONLY as fighterbases.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline ^Graff

The thing that I don't like about it is that the fighter section is too small in relation to the main section.  With a main section that large, it seems like a conventional FS destroyer with an oversized fighterbay.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, since fighter combat is the core of Freespace warfare.  IMO, a carrier should be more fighterbay (and facilities based around supplying, repairing, and storing the fighters) than anything else.

On the other hand, it would make a great destroyer or superdestroyer.
Originally posted by Anduril:
Dang, Graff, you good.  :)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Doesn't look particularly Freespacey IMO - somewhat Wing Commanderesque perhaps.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp