Author Topic: The HTL bandwagon is getting crowded  (Read 26808 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Re: The HTL bandwagon is getting crowded
how many tri's is that?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Lots and lots.  I haven't actually done a hard count recently and I just closed Max up for the night.  I'm guessing that it's in the neighborhood of 4000 though.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
How 'bout making those thruster paddles into separate sub-models, so someone can get them animated, triggered to control movements.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
How 'bout making those thruster paddles into separate sub-models, so someone can get them animated, triggered to control movements.

Now that would be pretty cool. Hell, if you got that working, you could do the same thing to the Herc 1's thingies.

Opinion: YAY! Now I can destroy capital ships with all the fancy glory of a high poly bomber.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy

Unfortunately not only will I not be doing that, I don't think that's ever going to happen.  While it would be cool, I'm forced to remember that this is supposed to take place in space, where a rudder would do precisely squat at controling motion, and that there will be both a glowpoint and a nebula trail on the tip of those things that would get messed up to hell and back if the rudders were animatable.  Of course, the modder in me also says no because I'm trying to keep everything under a single render call so that it's faster.  The only thing not on the one map is the pilot (seperate submodel) and the glass (small TGA texture) and with the polycount issue that I'm forcing I'm not breaking it up any farther.

And it's just over 3700 tris, for the record.  Plus pilot, turret and barrel submodels, it's a little over 4300.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 01:00:28 am by StratComm »

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
^thrust vectoring.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Ya, thrust vectoring in space is concievable, but your modding concerns are valid.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Excellent.  What was your inspiration for the cylinders in the pod linkages?

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
It's already 512x1024, so I'm not sure what you'd do with it. It's not like the map that we have is wanting for detail.

how about i make it 1024x1024 and look at it just cause im bored, see what i can come up with, at least fix up the colors

it wont be like the pegasus, with the cooperation, you finish the model, and i'll make the texture suit it a little better
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Excellent.  What was your inspiration for the cylinders in the pod linkages?

Interestingly enough, the original maps themselves.  They imply some sort of structure inside the interconnect that runs from one end to the other, and I figured cylinders would be the best option there.  I'm sure I've seen it in some other model, but I can't begin to figure out exactly where.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy

nice......very nice...

Offline starfox

Verrry Terranish and super nice...
Dual cockpit looks pretty cool.

Little out of topic here, but what is the status of HTL Ulysses ?
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline SnakeEyes

• Lost generation
I personally agree with the terranish feeling.

Thumbs up for it!!

:yes:
I feel like an exile......

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
my favorite bomber! :D

the only thing i don't like is the turret. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline starfox

I'd like the turret, if it would face forward, not upward...
But still, the model is truly outstanding...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Way cool :yes:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 05:55:12 am by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

:D

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Good stuff; I just wished you took a bit of creative interpetation over the cockpit and added some modelled plating.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Solatar

I love it.