Author Topic: HDRish Pixelshader effects  (Read 5665 times)

Offline scratch

HDRish Pixelshader effects
After searching the forums (i have to admit information is extremely scattered around here) i've found the thread which supposedly started the use of the "HDRish" pixel shader effect: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,29291.0.html

The thing is, the HDRish PS effect mentioned there is indeed a bit overdone and i'd like it if there is an alternative / modified version.

So, does anyone have an alternative?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: HDRish Pixelshader effects
(i have to admit information is extremely scattered around here)

:welcome:

i've found the thread which supposedly started the use of the "HDRish" pixel shader effect: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,29291.0.html

The thing is, the HDRish PS effect mentioned there is indeed a bit overdone and i'd like it if there is an alternative / modified version.

As far as I've heard, there's an HDRish Lite, google it and see what pops up.

Offline scratch

(i have to admit information is extremely scattered around here)

:welcome:

Lol. I knew it.

i've found the thread which supposedly started the use of the "HDRish" pixel shader effect: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,29291.0.html

As far as I've heard, there's an HDRish Lite, google it and see what pops up.

Haha, thanks, i've just noticed that i had this HDRish Lite directly under my nose as it already comes with ATI Tray Tools.

Thanks for the info.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Note that this feature was inexplicably removed from the ATI drivers recently. I think the last one that worked with it was 6.3, although I never used it anyway (in FS2 the backgrounds look messed up even with the Lite version).

Offline scratch

Atm i'm using Omega 6.02 and HDRish works great, so i'm on the safe side. I'm wondering why they removed the support for custom shaders with newer driver versions, it's an OGL feature only anyway.

Perhaps this bloom effect (which is a better title for HDRish i guess) can be implemented into FS Open by the devs. This way NVidia card users could use it, too.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Technically, most cards using up to version 6.3 of the Catalyst drivers should still be able to use the pssControl2.exe and any .pss file.

Then again, until I upgrade my card, I'm sticking with the 4.12's. (9600 XT). By the time I upgrade, hopefully the SCP team will already have a cvs with built in PS effects.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I have hdrish normal and  hdrish lite. The lite is a lot better than the normal hdrish. If anyone wants it, send me an email and i'll reply with the smartshader. As far as loading smartshaders go, i prefer to use the omega's to load them, psscontrol2.exe blows monkey balls since it can mess around with the screenshots you may want to take.
As far as googling hdrish lite goes, i found it off of some chinese website after many tries for googling it. Like i said, send an email and you'll save yourself some time.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
They're both included with ATI Tray Tools, which I would highly recommend using anyway. I like the static bloom you get on ship lights with HDRish lite, but the backgrounds look all blurred out so I generally didn't use it even when I had 6.3.

The effect looked quite nice in a few other older games though. I would use 6.3 but the 6.5 and 6.6 releases give major performance boosts for recent cards. I don't know why on earth they removed it.

Offline ShivanSpS

I have packed the psscontrol2, which some shader effects...

You can download it here: http://files.filefront.com/Ati_SmartShader/;5210277;;/fileinfo.html

Incluide those effects: