Author Topic: Warzone  (Read 124723 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
3 was a compliment
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Et voilĂ !  :pimp:

Taurus wing in E2M4 will not respawn anymore.

I changed the .fc2 file: there were two unexistant goals in E2M1. In E3M7, the goal "Destroy Ravana" was renamed "Destroy Daskha".

[attachment deleted by ninja]
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
For E3M7, it should be "Destroy SD Daskha"
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yeah, I know...it was just a typing mistake. In the .fc2 file you can find "Destroy SD Daskha" :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
How's that cutscene coming?  I'm doing a run-through of the whole package on April 25th.  I'd really like to get this sucker released.  Soon.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I left it to the rest of the team...

Hey, who's working on WSCP? And can someone please test S:AH? It's so close to the release...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Cutscene?  Anyone?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
OK, here's the deal.  I am on vacation May 1-7.  This thing needs to be officially released before the end of May, at the latest.

Here is the full Warzone package at present.  10 MB download, 7zip format.  Make sure you adjust the directory paths in the mod.ini file before attempting to run it.
http://files.filefront.com/MPRyan+Warzone+200804257z/;10081540;/fileinfo.html

Missing items:
-Nameplate for the GTC Nicolas.  Don't know how it got missed, but it did.
-Planet for the Regulus system (IIRC Nelson mentioned it to me).
-Credits cutscene.

I am creating an alternate final debrief with credits included.  If no cutscene exists by the time everything else is done, then there won't be a cutscene.

Please test the package.  Any other missing items or mission problems, post them in this thread.  We may still be missing a few backgrounds or stars, or minor mission bugs.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I was waiting for some feedback about the current cutscene, which may or may not be improved.

I didn't know of the other problems you mentioned. I can do nothing for the Nicolas' nameplate and the bitmap.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
OK.  I (after receiving much help from Zacam) created a ship nameplate for the Nicolas so that's done.  I also fixed the campaign file - someone left an and operator in the conditions for E2M1 completion that caused all kinds of lovely errors as there was only one goal.  So that's fixed.

I'm attaching the new campaign file since its necessary for testing.  As I clean up other things I'll repost the entire package.  In the meantime, test please.

Mobius, please post a copy of the cutscene as far as its done so we can all have a look.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline est1895

Could you please put the Warzone on another mirror.  The trouble is on my end, but for some reason I can't download anything from FileFront.   :nervous: :nervous:

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Could you please put the Warzone on another mirror.  The trouble is on my end, but for some reason I can't download anything from FileFront.   :nervous: :nervous:

Turn off download accelerators.

If someone else can mirror it fine, but I don't have another hosting option easily available.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You using Firefox?  If so, choose "save to disk" if you are using flashget.. basically, use the built-in Firefox downloader, not another one.  or just use IE temporarily... grab the IE Tab extension and use that in FF to run IE through FF, it should work.

I was waiting for some feedback about the current cutscene, which may or may not be improved.

I didn't know of the other problems you mentioned. I can do nothing for the Nicolas' nameplate and the bitmap.

I'm otherwise engaged right now, but the cutscene looks fine to me as-is. It's doubtful me or anyone else will take it up before the end of May, if that's you deadline. I say it's good to go.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'll try to do something tomorrow, I'll eventually post the result on Friday.

How's the voice acting going?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!

How's the voice acting going?

sleeping... i will contact Mongoose and Mad bomber for their files,
E1M1 to E1M4 are almost done

overall about 40% is done

*starts whistling innocently* I'll should have finished my stuff by monday. Sorry for the delay.
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Played through the current warzone 4/25 version.  noted a couple of problems.
E1M2 GTD Valius has no nameplate
GTD Kirosi has no name plate in any mission
E3M5 an Aeolus cruiser has GTCV Coriana
Had a problem with engine glows throughout the campaign.  Any ships that came in after the initial arrival had no engine glows.  May just be a problem with the build I'm using.
Also I have a credits mission that I down loaded from the forum.  I looked at it and it seems ok will include along with a modified campaign file.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started

Had a problem with engine glows throughout the campaign.  Any ships that came in after the initial arrival had no engine glows.  May just be a problem with the build I'm using.

I experience the same problem when using a 3.6.10 Inferno build...must have something to do with recent builds.

I'm sorry, I didn't have time...I hope to modify the file by Sunday.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Played through the current warzone 4/25 version.  noted a couple of problems.
E1M2 GTD Valius has no nameplate
GTD Kirosi has no name plate in any mission
E3M5 an Aeolus cruiser has GTCV Coriana
Also I have a credits mission that I down loaded from the forum.  I looked at it and it seems ok will include along with a modified campaign file.

-The Valius nameplate I will add.  It must have been missed.
-The Kirosi has a nameplate file in the maps, so it just must not have actually been added in FRED.  I'll see about doing that too.
-That cruiser issue sounds oddly familiar, but again should be easy enough to correct.
-The engine glows is a build-related problem.

This brings up a good point:  before reporting a problem, test in 3.6.9 AND whichever 3.6.10 build you may be using.  3.6.10-only problems should be reported in mantis; 3.6.9 problems should be reported here (this is to eliminate things that are a problem with unstable builds as opposed to campaign issues).

I should be able to get those issues patched up within the next week, work and inlaw visits permitting.