Author Topic: RELEASE: March Missile Mod Mayhem!  (Read 54192 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: RELEASE: March Missile Mod Mayhem!
Thursday: MYSTERY MISSILE!

I'm going to post this packed in with tomorrow's. See if you can figure out why.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Cause tomorrow is when you release your last missile?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
That's a discord missile. Tomorrow's release is going to be the submunitions. And you're posting for two weeks, not one, so that's not the last missile.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
He said every weekday for two weeks, that's 10, and there's been 9 releases.  This would make 11, and I believe the first release was a Sunday release, and also not really a weapon like the rest of his releases.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

so this is what is listed in BFII as 'rockets'? those are my favorite space weps... but i don't even like space too much in that game... still, great work.  :yes2:;):yes:
* Cobra smacks Titan

Wrong. Space battles are among the best in Battlefront 2.

You can tell that they don't belong there, they just feel like something ment to be a placeholder... well, much of the game was as parralax trried to rush through it to meet the release date.

Slap a little red paint on that mystery missile, galemp, and you got a perfect shivan missle.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
I reinstalled BF2 because of this thread lol
just for the space combat too. :lol:
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
You're right, I can't count, my bad.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
so this is what is listed in BFII as 'rockets'? those are my favorite space weps... but i don't even like space too much in that game... still, great work.  :yes2:;):yes:
* Cobra smacks Titan

Wrong. Space battles are among the best in Battlefront 2.

You can tell that they don't belong there, they just feel like something ment to be a placeholder... well, much of the game was as parralax trried to rush through it to meet the release date.

Slap a little red paint on that mystery missile, galemp, and you got a perfect shivan missle.

Again, wrong. On both accounts. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

really?  :wtf:

read the 45th comment for this. in there, it mentions my point...

"...understand that you don't HAVE to listen to me, and you don't HAVE to make all these changes, but it would have greatly helped "clean up some of the mess Pandemic left behind," and it gives more variety to the Rebels, who seem to have the least changes made."

and i'm sorry, not parrallax, pandemic...
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Unless you boys learn to behave yourselves, you won't get any presents.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Just finding a way to wait for the release, Galemp :)
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Friday! Final release!

Discord Missile and Buzz Droids

These are released in swarms from the Discord missile, or as a tertiary weapon from the back of StarViper fighters. Enjoy having your subsystems shut down, everyone!

And that's it. A VP with TBMs should be forthcoming soon. I hope you've all had fun this month.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
ugh, that retarded thing ruined a perfectly good epic space battle!
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

epic space battle? Seemed more like a sunday afternoon drive to me.
      The pod race on Tatooine was more exciting. At least the pod race had tension, there was no tension in the battle at all. Just ten minutes of failed comedy and pretty pictures.

Which raises a point in my mind . . . now, Jedi can move things with their mind. Like the way Darth Maul threw a box into the button to open the door. So why didnt Kenobi just push them off his ship with the force? They can throw around human-sized droids, but he can't throw around some little football sized thing? Lame.

But cool models and missiles none the less  :yes:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
      Which raises a point in my mind . . . now, Jedi can move things with their mind. Like the way Darth Maul threw a box into the button to open the door. So why didnt Kenobi just push them off his ship with the force? They can throw around human-sized droids, but he can't throw around some little football sized thing? Lame.

Force powers need concentration, and do you think a Jedi can concentrate on using the Force while getting shot at? :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Yet they can do it while they are deeply focused in lightsaber combat.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Yet they can do it while they are deeply focused in lightsaber combat.

They are focusing on a single object in lightsaber combat, not a dozen that is surrounding them.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
If you can land a sophisticated droid on a starfighter's surface, why not just land a bomb on the fighter instead and blow the canopy off?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Force powers need concentration, and do you think a Jedi can concentrate on using the Force while getting shot at? :P

The whole Clone Wars miniseries completely disproves that. Jedi can blow up planets.

Offline Shade

epic space battle? Seemed more like a sunday afternoon drive to me.
Well, the start was good, with the camera soaring above the relatively peaceful-looking Venator only to drop into a huge mess of a spacebattle taking place below it. Too bad the awesomeness ended the moment it zoomed in on the jedi starfighters, because that battle really had potential.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.