Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 46963 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Weapons! We need YOUR help!
Download most recent VP here. Updated 7/6.

Yes, you! Behind the keyboard!

For the next release, we want remodeled classic weapons along the lines of the Freespace Upgrade Project. I'm sick of those single-frame static loading pictures alongside the Avenger, Banshee and Tsunami, and I'm sure you are too.

Trouble is, there are a lot of them. Every FS1 primary cannon and secondary missile, from the ML-16 to the EMP Missile, needs to be remodeled. But with your help, we can do it!

If you can run Blender, you can help contribute. For the green-grid loading animations, there are no limits! Bad geometry, millions of faces, intersecting polies, it doesn't matter. Pack it up as a .3DS file and post it here and it'll be animated by yours truly. In-game missile models are also wanted but only if you already have experience with making POFs.

For my part I'm taking on the Disruptor Advanced and the Silent Threat weapons (Leech, Shield Breaker, Cluster Bomb and EMP.) Take your pick, they're all available. You can use the FS1 cbanis and SSanis for reference.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 09:48:59 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!
Absolutely gorgeous, Icey. Not to scare anyone off, but we don't need models THAT detailed. :D

I'll bake and render those and create in-game models once I get the converted files. Thanks!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
hi there...here is the interceptor as first test....
before converting i made single objects from every poly-selection as they are not converted :-/ nevertheless the result looks not so good :-(

other formats possible?! obj maybe?!

edit: here as object....looks much better!

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 04:11:44 pm by IceyJones »

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Twist of Fate has a good looking ML-16.

Earth Defense have good looking Avenger and Prometheus. I have them included in my SAH upgrade.

I suppose that those mods would allow FSPort to use the effects.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
galemp!?! huhu......r u here?!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Might be waiting for reply from Twist of Fate to use the effects ( wishfull thinking ).

And you, Icey, aren't you supposed to be doing something else ?

You should also use the Twist of Fate Angel... best one i've seen so far.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Yea, Twist of Fate is awesome. I've only noticed that the Herc has an error in it's shield, as if from side, I could shoot it's hull down a lot with an ML-16.

Back on topic.

Maybe someone else can collect the stuff, pack them up, and send them to the dead innactive Galemp ?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Who said I was inactive? :wtf: I've been here every day this year.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
You haven't replied to this topic, which you started.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
This is a reply. :wtf:

If you mean actually doing something with the stuff I've been given so far, it's coming.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
so pls give me feedback, wich version was better...

but i will be off for a week now....moving on thursday...

Well I gave it a try and made the Phoenix V. I'm not that good at modeling but is this ok?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
That looks great, it's just what we need. All it needs is a splash of color.

I don't know how to use Blender very well, but after a bit of experimenting, I managed to give it some colour.

What do you think?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Couldn't be better. Post the .blend file, or export it to a 3DS, and it'll be seen to this weekend hopefully. :)

Well, here it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
If that's a closed mesh (and low enough poly) we could get that ingame.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
It actually appears to be rather high-poly for in-game use.