Author Topic: OMG HOLY **** FREESPACE 3  (Read 19918 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
OMG HOLY **** FREESPACE 3
http://fs3project.tripod.com/

And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. - Karajorma

Don't buy it. It's probably in bad shape, kara's not that smart.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 05:03:03 pm by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Re: OMG HOLY **** FREESPACE 3
uh, dude, the last update was 2005 :wtf:

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The GTVA will be consumed by the Shivans' new 404 weapon, I see... :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Wow...

That looks terrible.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I think aside from the aforementiond problems......

FreeSpace 3 wouldn't be hosted on a Tripod page :p

Very funny though, cheers for raising it CC .
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Kie99

BASTARD!  I was jumping out of my seat shouting for joy.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

GOD DAMNIT.

I feel rick rolled.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Aardwolf

I like the spiderman/ntf logo.

Also, an official fs3 site wouldn't have the title "FreeSpace 3 Project"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 06:41:40 pm by Aardwolf »

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Lol, a spiderman ntf logo :lol: Some little kid in the ntf is perhaps thinking there's spider-bosch?

Someones been googling freespace 3 for a while to find this page. By googling freespace 3 i've only found this page twice before, and then i forget how to find it again. You probably have this subconcious urge to buy bose freespace 3. It happens every time.

Someone should email this fs3 fanboy on his site. Find out more about him, and especially if he has content :yes:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
No, I Image Googled "freespace" to try and find the SCP logo. Saw the site name, and investigated.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 06:58:58 pm by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
:lol:

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Obviously it's not OUR member Hades...

:lol:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
The last time hadesflg1 posted anything on the net was back in 2006. I only picked up 3 entries when googling his username. His fs3 site, area51experience forum topic in spanish, and some other website he laid a comment on as well.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline zonination

• Ruining your HLP experience since 2008!
    • Twitter
    • reddit I guess?
A Tripod site hosting a FreeSpace 3 project?
My BS detector is going off. I'm not even sure if I want to click that link.
Subspace:
It's not a Shivan juggernaut.
It's a series of tubes.

Freespace is better than nothing.
Nothing is better than God.
Therefore, Freespace is better than God.

Offline pablo

Interplay and Violation inc are not pursuing Freespace 3 right now. Money issues.

There is a lawsuit with that Spanish company that went bankrupt who claims that Freespace is their when they bought Interplay.

Interplay says that they retained ownership of the original games but new development titles are part of the Spanish company which does not exist anymore and by default Interplay gets the rights since the Spanish company did not place any games from interplay in its list of assets when it filed bankruptcy.

So until Interplay gets back into operation nothing will happen.

Click on http://www.interplay.com and you will find the obvious.

Until Interplay gets up and running and finds the money to produce its games nothing will happen. No game has come out of Interplay since 2003.

I have also tried to contact Interplay to check on status. All you get is a recording.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
We know, we know.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
What rights does Interplay own nowadays, anyway? Red Faction is THQ's, Freespace 2 is sold of to the unknown, Descent maybe?

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Interplay is planning sequels for Descent, Earthworm Jim, MDK and Baldurs Gate. And of course that Fallout MMORPG thing or something like that.

Interplay also still holds the rights for Freespace. But a thing to remember is that Descent 3 and Freespace 2 are largely responsible for Interplays fall in the first place since apparently no one bought them and interplay lost, like, everything. So they are propably throwing Descent out first, since it's older and more popular title, to see if there is a market for spacey flying shooter...

Interplay won't be making FS3 for many many years. If at all. First they'll try to make money with titles that might actually sell and make profit.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Enjoy your custom title Campbell. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline pablo

My understanding is most of its early games. Most of which are being sublicense to Wii and to other consoles and are truly not part of the lawsuit which has stalled Interplay's renewal into the game market.

The games that are hot topic is Earthworm Jim expansions with one title that was close to have been finished back in 2005 and is rummored to be in beta form but Interplay does not have the money to publish it or have the resources to even to the basics of support and compatibility testing that is required by many retailers to prevent returns.

Most titles like Star Trek series, Balder's gate, Dungeons and dragons, Descent , Earthworm Jim series, Clayfighter, and boogerman are  currently in development with consoles mainly wii and Sega genesis platforms.

Interplay's finished title of Ballarium is stuck in rights infringement arbitration and is no longer compatible to the PC market requiring the engine to be redesigned to be playable with XP and Vista.

Interplay is solvent as of 2008 but has no operating capital to do anything after it sold all the rights to Fallout and its other expansion packs and other indevelopment projects for that game.  First level sales are not expected from consoles to happen until December of 2009.

Interplay had several projects either under development or in finished stage of story line and design. Several other titles are still being sublicensed overseas but are not of significant income producing.

Freespace and Freespace 2 along with battlechess are projects which suffered under lack of marketing and financial issues and improper external publisher problems.

The truth is that if Interplay simply redid Freespace 1 and 2 to bring it into full compatibility could see a renewal and boost in sales.

The cry for a true first person shooter space combat sim is massive.  The cry for Freespace, Wing Commander, Star Crusader and Renegade is at an all time high and was addressed by both EA and Vivendi at the gamers convention in San Francisco.  The renewal in interest with other flight simulation and related games is being developed by several companies including Microsoft but mainly at this time for consoles. 

I am optimistic that a new generation first person shooter space combat will be a reality in the near future or within the next couple of years.  Even Blizzard has one project which they are discussing for development that is based on the Star Craft universe where you have space flight combat in conjunction to gound combate modes.

Hope that answers your question.