Author Topic: RELEASE: What If - Another Great War  (Read 60877 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
RELEASE: What If - Another Great War

Installation:

• See download link

Important hints:

• Make sure you delete any previous releases of WhatIf from your FS2 folder before you downlad anything new

• Before you start the game, make sure you have the Storm Front Stock installed correctly!

• I recommend to create a new pilot

Gameplay hints:

• This campaign is optimized for medium skill level

Features:

• Updated technichal database, including entries about the GTA, PVE and others which will be unlocked after completing the last mission.

• New ship models

• Table edits
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:13:52 pm by SF-Junky »

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: RELEASE: What If - Another Great War
The link to the What If - root files is not working.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Confirmed, link is broken.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline SF-Junky

Oops. Fixed.

Offline Macfie

It is working now.  I just downloaded the file.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Aaaaah damn! Damn! I don't have FSPort! Aw hell. . . Gotta redownload that thing. . . Did anyone ever think of putting FSPort into a single file. . .

Well, crap. Ok, I hope to get everything downloaded today. . .

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
3.6.10!  Agh atleast wait utill the official release!  *grubmlegrumblenowIhavetowaitgrumble*
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline SF-Junky

Well, it should work without the latest media_vps - it just advise it to be sure. And your build should be up-to-date anyway. :p

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
doesn't FSPort come with Turey's installer?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Well, it should work without the latest media_vps - it just advise it to be sure. And your build should be up-to-date anyway. :p
I'm staying with 3.6.9 untill 3.6.10 is official.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
SF-Junky, I highly recommend you try running your build under a debug version of the SCP.  I'm getting dozens of warnings and assertions when I start it up.  There are also several missing textures on some of the ships.

Same, I can't even get the campaign to start up, crashes FS everytime.  Says it can't load explo.anim

Shouldn't What If be in the Port folder as well?  Otherwise it won't know where to get the main hall and such.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:20:14 pm by freespacegundam »
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

Offline SF-Junky

SF-Junky, I highly recommend you try running your build under a debug version of the SCP.  I'm getting dozens of warnings and assertions when I start it up. 
Warnings and assertions like that beamgun thing I postet a while ago? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55809.msg1127932.html#msg1127932

I realized some time ago that I can't run that mod in debug mode, but since nobody couldn't answer the question back then and it always worked just perfectly in normal mode, I decided to no longer care about this. And since my beta tester got it running without probs as well I considered that a workable solution. ;)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No, I get different warnings.  Stuff like "cannot find Hornet#Weak in the weapon loadout" which means that you deleted it from weapons.tbl but forgot to delete it from the ship loadout.  Stuff like missing LODs on the weapons.  Stuff like... missing textures. :sigh:

If you have questions, I suggest you post in the Support forum.  It's much better to get rid of all the warnings and assertions before you release the campaign. ;)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
What specific features of 3.6.10 are required, anyway?

Offline CKid

Great campaign so far, I'm enjoying ever second of it, but now I have a problem after the mission "The Ambush" when you
Spoiler:
are asked to join the GTI.
When I click continue, I get this:
Error: Couldn't open mission 'AGWloop1-01.fs2'

File: missionparse.cpp
Line: 6256

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

And then the game crashes. This is the first bug that I have run into in this campaign.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline est1895

Hello. I get an error message saying:

Error: AGW1-00.FS2(line 207:
Error: Required Token=[#wings] or [$Name:] found [[+Use Table Score:]
File PARSELO.CPP
Line: 670
Call Stack:

Please help.  Thank you for your time

Offline eliex

Seconded.  :(

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
just a question SF-Junky  what build are you using, maybe some problems can be solved by using the same build.

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Macfie

All of the AGWloop1 and AGWLoop2 missions are missing from your VP files.  I'm using the latest build of FSOpen 3.6.10 and the 3.6.10 Beta MediaVPs and have not had any of the other parsing errors.  I did have to change the Mod ini file to correspond to my fsport file some of the errors people are getting sound like they might have the wrong file name for the secondary mods.  The others are because of the missing mission files