Author Topic: Looking for someone with ideas for campaigns  (Read 8320 times)

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
    • Vortex Research & Design
Looking for someone with ideas for campaigns
Hey there all Freespace loyalists.  Seeing as how I have no creative capabilities or immagination whatsoever, I'm looking for anybody and everybody that possesses such skills that would like to create a 20-25 mission campaign with possibly more missions as part of alternate loops.

So, if you have any good ideas for a campaign that is immersive, fun, and challenging that takes place during Freespace 2 or shortly after, let me know either via e-mail or here.  Thanks a bunch.

Have fun!
[21:39] * Now talking in #hard-light
[21:39] <Zacam> Dear. God.
[21:39] * dANGER_boy is now known as God
[21:39] <God> Yes, I'm here
[21:39] <Zacam> I'd like to file a bug report.
[21:40] * thesizzler is now known as Jesus
[21:40] <Jesus> sup
[21:40] <God> Check with my secretary.
[21:40] <Jesus> hey dad
[21:40] <Zacam> Regarding the INANE flaws in human intelligence and the equality (or disparity) therof.
[21:40] * God points at Jesus
[21:40] * mura is now known as WhitePidgeon
[21:40] <+WhitePidgeon> kuuuuu

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
Re: Looking for someone with ideas for campaigns
P.S. That includes a good plot.  Details such as voice acting, the actual layout/order of missions, and possible mods will be considered later.  Right now I'm looking for good plots and that kind of fluff.

Cheers!
[21:40] <Zacam> Regarding the INANE flaws in human intelligence and the equality (or disparity) therof.

Er . .. . so you want ideas for a campaign, that you'll then create? That's, a little backwards. But in a good way.
There are lots of people with ideas for campaigns already, and I'm sure that if you have the FRED skills (or are willing to develop them), a lot of those same people would appreciate your help.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
and there are some people who just don't live long enough to fred all the campaigns they imagined  ;7
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
and there are some people who just don't live long enough to fred all the campaigns they imagined  ;7

Speaking. Funny thing is I have/had at least a couple concepts I had no intention of FREDding (one's still on the wiki), but I can't find them at the moment. Oh well, I will yet.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Id like to see one that deviates from the frequent cliche of 'We've sealed off the shivans but they're back at it again up to their old tricks with bigger badder ships'

a new race perhaps? an internal rebellion? organised piracy? Deep space exploration? Horrors of 'Event-Horizon' scale?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I won't play any more spooky campaigns after derelict sync and transcend. They broke my resolve. . And i've been blown up.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
NEO TERRA VICTORIOUS

has exactly what you're looking for. All the mods are done, as is the story and the plot outline. All it needs is someone to make missions.

SOMEONE LIKE  YOU.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
I've got some ideas for new campaign material but I lack the ability to make it all fit toegether into a fun, meaningful plot.  For instance, I have been toying with the idea of playing a double agent.  You are a pilot for the GTI who can be corrupted by the NTF or local pirates.  So, instead of playing spy for the GTI, you actually play a space pirate or you convert to a rebel fighting for the NTF.  Only problem is that, lack I said, I'm no story writer.

I'm willing to make the missions if people can give me good plot lines with all those literacy terms (you know, all the ones you learned in school).

Fighting Shivans mindlessly is fun but old.

I saw this once on the wiki. It sounds really cool and matches your concept. If someone made it I would play it for sure.

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Second_Great_War-era_Campaign_ideas

"Alone"

A campaign based off the Faustus' fighterbay.

As a new lieutenant fresh out of the academy, you are shanghai'd for a GTVI operation, going undercover with the still-forming NTF. You are issued a Pegasus stealth fighter and will operate off the erstwhile NTSC Bohr. There is also a Hercules Mk II aboard in case everything goes south and you must exfiltrate under fire. You gather intelligence about the NTF, and occasionally strike at weak points in their forces. As time goes by you become enmeshed in the attempt to discover what the heck ETAK really is. The deepening mystery eventually leads you to the NTC Trinity...and what it plans to do.

The Bohr and you have contacted GTVI headquarters and gotten no response. GTVI appears not to be planning to do anything; there's no time to warn regular GTVA forces and they probably wouldn't believe you anyways. You have to stop the Trinity from bringing about a second crack at armageddon on your own.

Neither you nor the Bohr have the proper IFF codes to make it through GTVA space unmolested. You'll have to fight your way to Gamma Draconis. There, you must stop the Trinity from activating the Knossos portal...and maybe, just maybe, change the course of history.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:47:59 pm by Molybdenum »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm curious dANGER boy ... what skills do you have? If you're not writing a story or designing mission, what can you do? FRED? model? Texture?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Title of the campaign; 'Indestructible'
It followed just after the end of the Capella node being sealed off. Just 1 year with all the fleets still barely recovering from damage, a new threat emerges.
An unknown race suddenly appears from nowhere, attacking unrelentlessly, and they have joined forces with Vasudans against the human race. The human race now faces extinction but the gateway to Sol and Delta Serpentis has been restabilised by the GTA on the other side due to their own advances in technology, bring mankinds salvation into GTVA space to throw the tide of the war against the Vasudans and the Asurans.

Turns out that the Vasudans made contact with the Asurans long ago during the Great War between the Terrrans and Vasudans and the Asurans promised to assist the Vasudans, but just at that time the Terran War ended and the shivans came and the treaty was signed between Vasudans and Terrans, and the new political movement in Vasuda ceased contact with Asurans and never released the knowledge of the Asurans to the terrans, but now with new power in Vasudan Parliament, they believe the fault of the shivan onslaught lay with the terrans and their warmongering, and they want to obliterate humanity from existence alongside the Asurans.
Now with the Shivans out of the way, the Asurans and Vasudans want to crush humanity - but they'll learn that although humans die, and ships are destroyed, humanity is INDESTRUCTIBLE.
Missions would involve defense of fleets, large-scale engagements, several new weapons and the new Asuran forces, as well as orbital bombardment

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hey there all Freespace loyalists.  Seeing as how I have no creative capabilities or immagination whatsoever, I'm looking for anybody and everybody that possesses such skills that would like to create a 20-25 mission campaign with possibly more missions as part of alternate loops.

So, if you have any good ideas for a campaign that is immersive, fun, and challenging that takes place during Freespace 2 or shortly after, let me know either via e-mail or here.  Thanks a bunch.
This is pretty cool.  Usually we get threads where somebody has an idea and wants somebody else to make it for him. :)

I agree with Galemp.  Neo-Terra Victorious is just what you're looking for.  It already has a great story, a well-developed plot, and even a playable demo.  But most of the team have moved on to other projects, so it needs someone to take charge and make the missions.

You can view the forum here.  If you like what you see, I might be able to give you project access. :)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
VC, that smells like something chock full of low poly ships in BoE. No fun.
It also makes no sense. Vasudans fighting the GTVA (oh yes we kill our allies)? "Asurans" are they like...SHIVANS MARK 2 NOW WITH MORE EVIL? Humanity being indestructible...because of ALPHAONE11!!?!/!!?!11/?/!11?1one? Sorry to piss over your parade, but seriously. WTF :wtf:

I do like Molybdenum's though, and
dANGER boy, I'd suggest you help NTV. GO NTF!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If you have FREDding skills, yeah -- make Neo-Terra Victorious.

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
I'm curious dANGER boy ... what skills do you have? If you're not writing a story or designing mission, what can you do? FRED? model? Texture?
As far as skills go, I'm can deisgn (build) missions but I'm not very creative when it comes to knowing what to include such as plot advancement, twists, and all that stuff in the missions.  But if you have those ideas already laid out, I can put them into a playable mission.

I am not good at texturing but I am able to do some modeling.  I'm proficient in Rhino3D 3.0 and I'm working on learning Lightwave and 3D Studio Max.  But don't count on my being able to put out amazing high-poly models.  My experience goes only as far as being able to model tanks, ships, and airplanes for an old strategy game called Total Annihilation.

I'll look into Neo-Terran Victorious.  I'm not saying I'll jump right on but it sounds interesting.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Stumbled across this thread... think I'll play through the NTV demo when I get back home, looks interesting...

Didn't realise how old it was until I saw "3dap" in the readme.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

VC, that smells like something chock full of low poly ships in BoE. No fun.
It also makes no sense. Vasudans fighting the GTVA (oh yes we kill our allies)? "Asurans" are they like...SHIVANS MARK 2 NOW WITH MORE EVIL? Humanity being indestructible...because of ALPHAONE11!!?!/!!?!11/?/!11?1one? Sorry to piss over your parade, but seriously. WTF :wtf:

I do like Molybdenum's though, and
dANGER boy, I'd suggest you help NTV. GO NTF!

Just a suggestion no need to shoot it down so heavily.

And no they're not like Mk 2 Shivans , and wouldnt be low poly BoE syndrome.

Think more along the lines of a machine race. One type of fighter, one type of bomber, and only 3 or 4 different types of capital ships, and hit the enemy en masse. The plot i just gave was a 'bare bones' outline, and it would be anything BUT an 'alpha 1 here to save the day' campaign.

But anyway feel free to make your presumptions and assumptions.  It was just an idea i thought up ages ago, nothing more.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
NTV looks dead.

Last news on the site was made in 2003????

IT's been in development for an eternity. Maybe you're better off looking for a project that shows more life....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's ready for a resurrection, though.