Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 278655 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
Even if I can't, I just did.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Guys, can I just say as a general thing that posting result screenshots is really boring?

Please don't say it!

EDIT: Spoon, you devil!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
 ;7

And now to make the thread less boring: https://streamable.com/lpql0

https://my.mixtape.moe/surnil.webm
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
That second one.
Lewd!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Not the best result I make a pic but the Graf Spee is very well for T6

Guns are 11 Inch with a AP DMG of 8400. Range 16km
For a cruiser I have the Defensiv AA, a Fighter and! Repairabi like a Battleship
Torps have a range of 8km with 65knots - 2 Launcher each 4 torps
AA Guns are at 42
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

After starting north spawn, I moved into the eastern islands while being very careful to not overextend and made sure that I could bail out if I lost a spotting match up.  The initial torps scored some hits on the New Mex while the second salvo wiped the Ashigara while she was coming round an island.  Once the the fish reloaded I sent another set to finish the New Mex and then partook in some smoke n' shootin at their Omaha for giggles.  At that point the enemy had worked around the west and threatened the cap so I went back and gun dueled the Farragut and Murmansk.  With the cap secured I then moved south, ganked the König and finally shot up the Ryūjō.

Most elephant indeed.

Shiri definitely is the more popular choice with the 16 fish spread the TRB offers but I think the Akatsuki is a bit of a hidden gem.  I suspect a lot of folks are overextending at the outset, getting wiped and that is dragging down her stats.

You need to be a bit circumspect in the early game and not get mauled in the initial skirmish but once the map opens up this boat is a 40 knot murder machine.  The guns are good enough to to engage USN Cans at their rainbow range, the three Type 90 mod 1 launchers can do the usual IJN stealth torp thing and that speed...

That speed is just brutally effective.  You can just flex around the map and exploit lone enemy heavies with near impunity, even with the meh concealment you're just too fast for them to do anything about it.  In an optimal head on approach your looking at a combined closure of 60-70 knots.  That König did everything right when I popped into view range, he immediately turned away and engaged with his XY turrets but I still ran him down and shanked him with zero ****s given.

Until the new captain skill system throws everything on its ear, if you have one of these boats in port after the tree split and can work around the concealment I really think Akatsuki is worth a try, especially while VII is most favored by the MM Gods. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Tier X achieved.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Cool beans are you going stealth build?  After watching some content from Flamu it seems Iowa/Missouri and Montana seem to do best with that fit.

Whelp finished the ARP Campaign.  My port now is stacked with more Mental Models, Hiei and Myōkō clones than I know what to do with.  Its actually a little too bad having so many 10 point captains locked away that can't be used on the main lines.  Granted a lot of them are a bit grating to listen to, but the seiyū for Kongou?  I'd throw her on my Nagato or Amagi in a heartbeat, she's one classy lady.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:27:38 pm by StarSlayer »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You can set her to be the announcer voice, at least.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Look at this thing!

My first (non-ARP) tier VIII, and it's the beautiful Amagi battleship.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Best T8 BB and don't  listen to the Bisko lovers.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline crizza

Up to debate :D

Offline Enioch

In my experience, she feasts on all other T8 BBs in anything resembling a fair fight.  :P

My favourite lunch in the last Ranked season were Biskos and their deliciously chewey upper belts.

Offline crizza

What is a fair fight for you?
For me it is up close ad personal.
The accuracy of my Bismarck leaves something to be desired, since I run the secondary build.
So after trading opening salvos, I end up charging any ship at the same tier or below.

Offline Enioch

Why would I allow a Bismarck to close within 10km? I like my ship not-burning, thankyouverymuch. :p

Angled running fights at ca. 11-13km is best for me, where I can bring her main broadside to bear. And speed flags and knowing when to switch between HE and AP is critical. After 2-3 salvos of 10x16'' HE on her superstructure, Bisko is lucky to have half her secondaries left, so if I'm going for a jousting pass, I'll open fire with HE early on, burn their superstructures to the waterline and switch to AP after I've softened her up.

Offline crizza

I know, results are boring, but we won by one point due to timeout :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Using the $$$ from the holiday specials I could finally afford the battleship heavy cruiser Hindenburg, thus concluding my grind up the German cruiser line.

All in all, it was totally worth it. After the horrible Kolberg/Karlsruhe, every ship from Königsberg upwards is a lot of fun.
Now I'm thinking about which cruiser to re-acquire for permanent fun. I already kept Königsberg and I'm thinking Hipper, but the current MM rules are probably more in favor or Yorck.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Best Tier VIII DD confirmed.

This entire match was completely nuts.  Down to the wire 1v1 with a cap point disadvantage and less than a thousand HP left I managed to get the jump on the last Benson in close range gunfight and gunned him down.  It was glorious.

Go home US Cans, you can't handle this.

Ladies and Gentlemen, my best game (Damage) to date:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:25:11 pm by TechnoD11 »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Welp, I've pretty much met all my grind goals for the time being, time to start outfitting boats and vetting skippers.