Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 278691 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
I'd check out Flamu or Voulezvous TV on youtube, they do some ridiculous damage with the Roon and Hindie.

Thanks for the tip. They make very helpful videos (not just bragging videos like oh so many other WOWS youtubers)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
So started playing again. I'm dying a lot. I guess I forgot a bunch or they changed a lot of things since Alpha.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Trying to get to the kiev. Good little floating rat this is, as fun as the derpzki, but with MOAR guns.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Omaha, spiffy as always.

Also got to the Gnevy, and damn!

DAT turret rotation speed thou.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
You'll have to help me out. Why do you have little anime characters on yours.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It's a mod, easy to install. Just copy-paste some folders from a few .zip files you can get on the net.

IIRC, these particular ones were the ship icons, ship preview and flags from "garfield" mod.

You can find them here if you want: http://www.modsworldofwarships.com/0-5-7-0-garfield001s-mod-collection/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:33:44 am by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Still love the Omaha <3

And how did you get 11 torp hits with an Izyaslav??

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well in that match I happened to come across an oblivious Omaha, full health emerging from two islands. He didn't even turn and ate like 8 torps alone. The rest where against two BBS I charged.

There's only one way of using torps in Russian dds really, and that's being a sneaky and fast (preferably fast) little rat.

The great thing about the iza is that it's got the teeth to fight back a full fledged cruiser by himself. And more.

I'm seriously considering replacing my derpzki with it, even thou I love the derpzki because it's a great ship, and the name is just awesome trolling material.

edit:

and this happened friday.

Gotta say, not a bad send-off for the York. It's a temperamental ship, but I learned to love it so much I had troubles selling it.
But whatever.. onto new things, already got the hipper which was the objective altogether so..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:37:09 am by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
A wild Scharnhorst appears!
The guy skippering her couldn't tell us any stats, but she appeared to have around 15s reload time.

She's a sexy lady.

"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
And waaay down at Tier III

SMS König Albert

I typically wouldn't be interested in a Tier III but it is a WWI German Dreadnought so maybe the wallet might open a little.

By squinting hard at the tech tree icons it looks like they have modernized the Kaiser, König and Bayern classes but I might have to run stock on principle :P  least in CoOp.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline crizza

I love my NC :D
I went for close combat with a single Tirpitz, then into a brawl with another Tirpitz supported by an NC... Had to choose between getting broadsided by the enemy NC or taking a full spread of torps while the ship was burning...took the torps, ran repair, killed the Tirpitz and destroyed the NC with secondary fire :D

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
It's a strange day when you carry a game alone in a CV.

I was the last survivor, facing a New York, Indy, Furutaka and a Clemson.
Luckily my already dead Indy buddy had cleared out all the enemy fighters, so I had free reign of terror.
Also, the enemies were overconfident and/or stupid. They came at me in a big lemming train and each of them ate a bomb/torp sandwich. The New York was even dense enough to pop his repair between the bombs and torps.

Well, thanks for all the $$$

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Tier 10 - Großer Kurfürst - no - thats not the WW1 Battlecruiser - it is the H-44 Class ;)

https://youtu.be/LGGrgfTmVWQ

Scharnhorst Tier 7 in Action :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u3R_zTPN1s
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Tier 10 - Großer Kurfürst - no - thats not the WW1 Battlecruiser - it is the H-44 Class ;)

Nope. Actually that video's really bad, confusing Tier 9 and Tier 10 for the same ship when it comes to guns. That's H41, sort of.

"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Yeah I want my Bismarck!
el hombre vicio...

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there

Nope. Actually that video's really bad, confusing Tier 9 and Tier 10 for the same ship when it comes to guns. That's H41, sort of.

Yea. My Mistake. The Tier 9 is the H39 and the Tier 10 H41. H44 has 50cm guns, the H-41 "only" 42cm ;) Between the Montana and the Yamato.

Some stats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca4JQzJ3QKA
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:05:42 am by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
And waaay down at Tier III

SMS König Albert

I typically wouldn't be interested in a Tier III but it is a WWI German Dreadnought so maybe the wallet might open a little.

By squinting hard at the tech tree icons it looks like they have modernized the Kaiser, König and Bayern classes but I might have to run stock on principle :P  least in CoOp.

Sure Tier 3? Thats a Kaiser Class
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_K%C3%B6nig_Albert
And it is in the Tier 4 line. I missing the Definger Class. Not in the Battleship and not in the Cruiser Line?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_Derfflinger
Much bigger then the the Kaiser and König Class - short behind the Bayern class.

Star Citizen No. 250

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Starting with the Tier IV BB I think WG is adding "what if" refits so that the High Seas Fleet dreads can compete in an aviation rich environment.  König Albert obviously is in its WWI configuration and I believe is "slated" as coming in a Tier below the tree version.  Quite frankly I hope they eventually add a "Jutland "limited MM mode so we can play these in Great War ships stock.  Regardless I will probably take these ladies out in CoOp stock on principle.

Both Germany and the RN have enough BCs to split off an actual line so I imagine Derfflinger will show up in there. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, WG has indicated desire to build "fast" and "slow" lines for most nations eventually. They're giving a mixed one first, they say, and shuffle things later.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

I realy love my Farragut :D

[attachment deleted by admin]