Author Topic: INF SCP Hiring Thread  (Read 12441 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
INF SCP Hiring Thread
Dear Community,

We are so close!  Work on INF SCP is currently going very well on our end, with new HTL models produced every week as many of you have already seen in our Eyecandy thread.  However with other obligations in the works, such as mission designing and table balancing, the currently active members of the community are struggling to keep up with the current workload.  Thus we have decided to ask members of the Community and fans of Inferno to lend us a hand.  As of now we need people skilled in the following in order of priority:

1. UVmapping and texturing of capital ships.  Most of our textures are tile-based, so we just want a person who can paint tile textures on HTL capital ships and make them look nice.
2. Cockpit artists.  Many of our new HTL Terran ships currently lack cockpits, and someone skilled in this line of work is greatly appreciated.
3. Effects artists.  Self-explanatory.
4. UVmapping and texturing of smaller ships and weapons.  New HTL fighters, bombers, and missiles need texturing.

If you want to give a hand to help Inferno SCP get released as soon as possible, then please post here to discuss your skills and how you can help our this project.  All contributors will receive limited access to our assets prior to release and full credit for all contributions.

-Inferno Team

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Re: INF SCP Hiring Thread
No takers?  Right now it's just Woomeister and myself holding down the fort on a daily basis.  At this point, any type of help is appreciated.  You do not have to completely dedicate yourself to Inferno; if you have spare time and the skills we're looking for, you can do some freelance work for us, and by doing that, you're helping the Community wait less for INF SCP.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Try recruiting at FreeSpace Modding as well.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You're advertising for things I can't do, so it would hard to take you up on it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
You're asking for some of the most unrewarding, labour intensive, non-creative work to be done in the modding process (UV Mapping, cockpits), and one of the scarcest (texturing). I'm not saying this sort of stuff isn't neccesary or anything - it most certainly is, and it's very often one of the major hang-ups in the whole process -  just don't be surprised if it takes ages to find anybody who's interested.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
You're asking for some of the most unrewarding, labour intensive, non-creative work to be done in the modding process (UV Mapping, cockpits), and one of the scarcest (texturing). I'm not saying this sort of stuff isn't neccesary or anything - it most certainly is, and it's very often one of the major hang-ups in the whole process -  just don't be surprised if it takes ages to find anybody who's interested.

Yeah I know.  So far I've been the only one creating models and UVmapping them and texturing them.  And it can get pretty unrewarding if you create them but don't get to blow them up in game.

-R

Offline Jessnec

3. Effects artists.  Self-explanatory.

I can help you with this  :nervous: :nervous:  :nervous:
Excuse by my English :P

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I can help you with this

We have weapons animations that need improving.  Can you assist?

-R

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Jessnec's signature seems interesting. Can you show us examples of your previous work?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Jessnec's signature seems interesting. Can you show us examples of your previous work?

Take him! He's cool! :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
That projectile effect is doublegood! Deserves doubleappreciation :yes:.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Not bad; Woo, what do you think?

-R

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
In that pic I see 3 different effects... did Jessnec create all of them?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yes, he's creator of animated bitmap, new trail and muzzleflash. Pspew is from MediaVPs.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Jessnec

Take him! He's cool! :D

Is my current WIP    :)

Here a variant with the Nuke PSpew code (Some time back  :nervous:)

But for now I am making only little things.
 :p :)

I can help you with this

We have weapons animations that need improving.  Can you assist?

-R

What weapons animations you need?, perhaps i can give a check!  :)
 :confused:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:26:22 am by Jessnec »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Your work looks spectacular, and personally I would hire you in a heartbeat to redo our weapons designs, but I do not have that authority.  Woomeister has the final say.

-R

Offline Jessnec

Your work looks spectacular, and personally I would hire you in a heartbeat to redo our weapons designs, but I do not have that authority.  Woomeister has the final say.

-R

But, to be Honest, for now I am making only little-medium, things, (Time :nervous: )so dont surprise much

But let me know what I can update and sure!  :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:21:40 am by Jessnec »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Recruiting is UP!  We are expecting great things from new members:

Hades (model artist; doing cockpits and model finishing touches)
Jessnec (effects artist; weapons effects)

We are still hiring; please show interest!!

-R

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'd mentioned to Woo I'd like to help with your script. I don't want to make any high-level storyline alterations, just polish up the dialogue and tech entries. I'd prefer to keep them lean and mean rather than throwing in a ton of words, which means I don't have to get involved early, but the more time I have the more I can help.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
UPDATE: We now have a colleague who is working on HTLing our missiles.  And also, Battuta will help us w/ the script (sorry for leaving you out!).

-R