Author Topic: The Shadow is coming... SHADOW GENESIS: RELEASE  (Read 32827 times)

Offline Betrayal

• Exiled...
    • Shadow Genesis
The Shadow is coming... SHADOW GENESIS: RELEASE

Chapter One

23 years after the Capellan massacre the Humankind and Vasudankind are stronger than at any time before. With the belief in our invincibility and powerful warships on our orders, we rebuilt what we had lost fighting against the Shivans. It is said that we are ready to confront the Destroyers again. But if it is not true, we are going to pay a terrible price...
- Arthur Gordon, the Secretary-General of the GTVA Security Council

They regard me as a traitor. They call me a terrorist, a madman. They want me dead and they will not stop until they hunt me down... But they do not know my real power. I have the key to the Ancient legacy. I can save the human- and vasudankind from the Shivans and show it the new path to glory. And I will do it. At any cost.
- Kaimler Ovadiah, head scientist of Cerberus Legacy, wanted in all Terran-Vasudan systems for treason, terrorism, blackmailing and genetic experiments.

The Cerberus Legacy slowly but constantly destroys the GTVA just like a cancer. They attack from the shadow, strike in our weakest points and withdraw before we can react. Blackmailing, terrorism, kidnapping are their methods. They are responsible for numerous outrages across the GTVA. Unless we hunt them down, the Alliance won’t be safe.
- Supreme Admiral John Peters, commander of the Wolf's Fleet

Shadow Genesis is a modification for Freespace 2 Source Code Project and a result of more than three years of hard work. An idea was invented by two brothers and experienced (although not well-known) Freespace-modders - Teeraal and Macielos. We two made vast majority of the mod, but it couldn't be done without a great effort of the rest of the team.

Shadow Genesis is huge mod that improves and extends almost every aspect of Freespace 2 and grinds a beautiful diamond the game is. We present you a modification of the highest possible quality, totally different from any other mods released so far.

Features:
- More than 40 action-packed missions. The campaign consists of a prologue, three acts and an epilogue. Huge-scale battles, numerous cutscenes, space fights and planetary missions.
- Epic, complex and unique storyline. As lieutenant Nathan Miles join the elite 6th Terran Fleet known as the Wolf's Fleet, autonomical unit of the Alliance navy responsible for safety of strategic sector of Terran space known as the Wolf's Group. Explore entirely new planetary systems, discover sinister plot of Cerberus Legacy, meet new, complex characters, witness epic unforgettable moments and unexpected twists in a story about treason, madness, hatred, honour and sacrifice.
- New enemies. Confront an entirely new opponent that is threatening safety of the Alliance. Powerful terrorist organization known as Cerberus Legacy openly challenges the Terran-Vasudan authorities and its charismatic and enigmatic leader, Kaimler Ovadiah, will not stop from anything to execute his mysterious plan. As a pilot of the Wolf's Fleet you will do whatever it takes to protect those in need but you don't expect that Cerberus plot is only a prelude to a Nightmare greater than you could ever imagine...
- Great battles and tactical missions. Forget about deploying warships to battle and praying them to survive. Forget bombers attacking you wing after wing. Shadow Genesis raises an art of space warfare to a level you did not experience before. Now both you and the enemy are ready for any tactics that may lead to victory. Big guns and powerful warships are now just a part of strategy. Be ready to confront Cerberus infiltrators that will disarm GTVA warships using anti-subsystem torpedos, eliminate wings of strikers before they smash your cruisers into pieces with Maxim cannon and avoid snipers swarming you with Trebs. Every trick on the field of battle is now an element of a greater strategy.
- New technologies. Unleash new deadly arsenal of the GTVA. A new generation of Terran warships, Anchorage-class superdestroyers, artillery frigattes, tactical carriers, space and planetary gunships, an entirely new set of primary and secondary weapons, increased role of disarming warships, sniper weaponry, auto-repair modules and much more.
- Breathtaking audio and visuals. New unique ships models and many refreshed older ones. New effects created by talented artists. Atmosphere built by new soundtrack from great games, movies and other sources.
- Many innovations of the newest SCP engine implemented. Checkpoint system based on the War in Heaven one, 32 achievements to gain completing secondary and hidden goals, saving allied warships or keeping their hull above certain level, extended directive and monitoring lists, hotkeys, zoom system, nanojumps and much more.

Requirements:
- Freespace Open 3.6.18 [should work on every build newer than 3.4.14 and on 3.6.14 itself]
- MediaVPs 3.6.12 [any future version would be incopatible with this release, probably because lack of tile texures]
- Decent Computer [To hold our battles and pretty visuals]
- Time and Patience [Due to length of Shadow Genesis and difficulty level]

Screenshots gallery:

Download:
Core, Assets, Textures, Sound and Interface are required. Advanced Graphics are optional.

Mediafire:
Shadow Genesis - Core
Shadow Genesis - Assets
Shadow Genesis - Textures
Shadow Genesis - Sound
Shadow Genesis - Advanced Graphics
Shadow Genesis - Interface

FreespaceMods:
Full Package

ModDB:
Shadow Genesis - Core CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Shadow Genesis - Assets CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Shadow Genesis - Textures CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Shadow Genesis - Sound CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Shadow Genesis - Advanced Graphics CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Shadow Genesis - Interface CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE

PATCHES:
Shadow Genesis 1.1a
DOWNLOAD
Installation: Place 'Shadow Genesis 1.1' folder in your Freespace 2 directory, select it in Launcher and play. Of course requires recent version of FSO, Mediavps 3.6.12 and basic version of Shadow Genesis.

Changelog
Modpack
Spoiler:
- NB Agaddah – a new light bomber for the Nightmare armada
- Penetrator’s accuracy improved
- Little Boy is now weaker
- Stalker’s missiles have now smaller explosion effect
- Bug with Farael’s turrets fixed
- Hellion’s firing range is now longer
- Hestia’s max speed when hitting an afterburner is now higher
- Selkie’s speed with extra power diverted to engines is now higher
- Heron’s scanning time shortened
- It is now more difficult for enemies to disable invulnerable allied fighters
- New asteroid types added

Missions:
Spoiler:
- A set of 4 bonus missions between Act III and the Epilogue to unlock with at least 20/32 achievements
- Instead of unreliable and not working red-alert system of storing ships between the missions, we use ship save/load script by Admiral MS
- Some cutscenes have been reworked, ships’ and cameras’ position changed
- Grammar and language mistakes corrected
- Mission 03 “Departure” – dialogues last shorter
- Mission 10 “Dragon’s Entry” – player’s fighter is now stored, Delta and Epsilon are stored and do not explode if they are destroyed in mission 08
- Mission 10 “Dragon’s Entry” – Gamma assault wing added
- Mission 11 “Devil’s plain” – a rare bug with the Argus never departing fixed
- Mission 17 “Funeral Autumn” – access to Overwhelm missile removed
- Mission 18 “Hidden in Darkness” – bug with disappearing player’s fighter fixed
- Mission 18 “Hidden in Darkness” – player’s fighter from the previous mission is now stored
- Mission 21 “Through back door” – bug with Damascus sometimes not firing fixed
- Mission 28 “Helpful Hand” – the player has now more time to destroy beam cannons
- Mission 36 “Shadow Genesis” – soundtrack changed
- Mission 40 “Game in a trap” – an achievement message bug fixed

Fixed mod.ini
DOWNLOAD
Fixes missing sounds, thanks to InsaneBaron. How to install: Replace original mod.ini in 1.1a patch with this one. Temporary solution.

I hope we didn't f***ed anything up with final fixes xD. Please, could someone provide a freespacemods mirror for us? We have really terrible upload speed -___-. Zoom script is under D key. Never forget about enemy main beams... NEVER! Awww, F**K! Let this month be great! Now, Enjoy!

More mirrors and release posts [on Sectorgame, ModDB] are coming. I'm a little busy right now, but I didn't wanted more delays anymore :D/

EDIT By Swantz: Added fsmods package link.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:21:57 pm by Betrayal »
MY PRODUCTIONS
- Shadow Genesis - 47 missions long, post-capella, high difficulty level, advanced tactics.
- "Mystery Project" - More info coming soon!

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTVA Anchorage Superdestroyer | ORS Tychicus Frigate | GTA Sagittarius Carrier | Shivan Scylla Corvette | EFN Evangelist Cruiser/Carrier |

CURRENT PROJECTS
ORI Sky Garden | SMT Skade | ORCo Abraham

Also known as Teeraal. I'm 3D Modeller, Texture Artist, Model Converter, General Modder, Tabeler, Storyline Consultant. Sorry for my bad english.

My p3d account

Offline BTA

• Air quotes are the best quotes.
Re: The Shadow is coming... SHADOW GENESIS: RELEASE
Finally! I shall play then harvest your game files for my own use <3, thanks for the release!
(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
Wow three releases in two days?

*crawls away to do some work on his own campaign embarrassed*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:49:42 pm by Apollo »
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Your favourite local frog-eater.
Lots of self-complimenting in this release post... I hope the campaign delivers to your own hype :p
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Help us help you     -     INSTALLER = EVIL     -     BP extras portal     -     My legacy

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline BTA

• Air quotes are the best quotes.
Lots of self-complimenting in this release post... I hope the campaign delivers to your own hype :p

Definitely better looking then mine I'll say so myself.

*Walks away in shame to work on Dusk Wars*
(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist

Judging by the release thread it would appear to have excellent graphics and some grammar issues. Can't really tell until I play it, though.

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
Your sound file appears to be corrupted. 7Zip says it's broken and I can't open it in VPView.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
First Dusk Wars, now this? It's a good day. Oh yes it's a good day.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Suongadon

3 releases in 3 days and I don't have time to play any of them :(

Congrats on the release.  :yes:
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
holy cow! gotta play this.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Betrayal

• Exiled...
    • Shadow Genesis
Your sound file appears to be corrupted. 7Zip says it's broken and I can't open it in VPView.
If anyone can confirm this, we will upload the rar. We have big problems with uploading files due to terribly upload speed here. I can only hope we won't screwed up anything with the upload.
MY PRODUCTIONS
- Shadow Genesis - 47 missions long, post-capella, high difficulty level, advanced tactics.

Old Conversions | GTVA Anchorage Superdestroyer | ORS Tychicus Frigate | GTA Sagittarius Carrier | Shivan Scylla Corvette | EFN Evangelist Cruiser/Carrier |

CURRENT PROJECTS

Also known as Teeraal. I'm 3D Modeller, Texture Artist, Model Converter, General Modder, Tabeler, Storyline Consultant. Sorry for my bad english.

My p3d account

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Sound file just worked fine for me no problem at all used good old Winrar to open the zip file trough.
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
In process of downloading, repackaging into single file, and mirroring.

If anyone can confirm this, we will upload the rar. We have big problems with uploading files due to terribly upload speed here. I can only hope we won't screwed up anything with the upload.

If you want I can just give you access to a temporary FTP account I use for fsmods stuff and get it mirrored that way.

If you can, hopping onto IRC and then jumping into #freespace might be nice.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Luis Dias

In light of all these recent releases, that thread complaining HLP was becoming like a ghost town becomes sillier and sillier. Congrats for the release! I know every time a huge project ends, it does feel like giving birth to a child.

I won't have the time to play this, but the OP intrigues me. It also amuses me. The self-congratulation betrays some small immaturity, especially given that the synopsis reveals an "epic" plot that suspiciously seems very derived from FS2's (and Mass Effect's?). Then it kinda goes hilarious when promising on how it "raises an art of space warfare to a level you did not experience before". Really? Because I've experienced some damned good art in here lately from multiple sources of awesomeness that many other modders sweated into existence (no namedrops).

Anyways, you made me very curious, and I guess that's the only real requirement of the synopsis :). Here's to ambitious modders!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
On a public note, woo, congrats! :yes:

On a personal note, crap, more stuff to fall behind on!
Prepare for Descent...

Offline Aurora Paradox

Are there recommended lighting settings for the campaign?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Okay so... initial impressions up to Act 1.

While the story seems sound, the writing itself seems cringe-worthy in more than a few places. If you're going to release a campaign in a language that's not your first, at least get a proofreader. I also seem to be watching cutscenes more than I am shooting things which is, uh, bad. The first cutscene itself isn't too bad except at the end, which is needlessly longer than it has to be. I found myself upping the time compression to get to the end.

Spoiler:
Mission 1 of Act 1 is frustrating. On medium, it's impossible to save a cruiser because the bastards fire their bombs from 3.5km away every 6 seconds. How are we supposed to defend the cruisers against something like that? And in the ship and weapon select screens, I have access to the Hercules Mark 2, Myrmidon, and the Perseus as well as the Persephone, which I have five of available. As for weapons, I have the Morning Star and Akheton SDG in addition to the HL-9 and the Prometheus S, despite being informed I only had access to the latter two. This is all I have because superbombers seem to prevent me from passing Mission 1.

With this said, I will say that everything is well thought out, but the presentation is a little shaky.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:52:51 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Betrayal

• Exiled...
    • Shadow Genesis
Spoiler:
Little Boys are pretty weak, and the Aeolus has better anti-fighter and anti bomber defence. Just don't care about bombs and take down the bombers with Hammer HL-9 and Prometheus S. Our turrets and wingmans will do the rest.

We wanted to keep difficulty level on something between WiH: Tenebra and retail FS2 campaign. Something about half of our missions are designed to be "find your way" missions. Test different tactics to get better results. If something will be too hard, we will rebalance it in eventualy patch.
MY PRODUCTIONS

CURRENT PROJECTS

My p3d account

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Except I've tried different things. The Aeolus doesn't seem to be very effective anyway, as one specific cruiser died every single time by the time I was finishing off the last bomber. So, yes, I've already done everything you've suggested except cheat or be a cheat and go for where they'll be jumping in, which isn't much fun.

Thanks for ignoring the entire first half of my post, by the way. :doubt:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Full package is now on fsmods. Link is in post.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz