Author Topic: RELEASE: GTSD Anchorage  (Read 16345 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
RELEASE: GTSD Anchorage
Today I have a gift for you my dear community, directly from Shadow Genesis :). The GTSD Anchorage - next-generation superdestroyer able to destroy the most powerfull ships and survive. Now it can be yours! :D

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sdqzxd4a2bpnxdr
Mirror:
http://www.2shared.com/file/BUGiJ2UO/Anchorage.html

History of this model is long as hell. Started from a raw and abandoned mesh in one of the Aldo's modeldumps, it quickly drew my attention. My familiar modeller - Kobrar44 mapped it and he did a dedicated turrets, FSF helped us with the turrets, Droid803 did LODs and debris. I've converted it and wrote a tech description. My brother and co-author of Shadow Genesis translated tech description into english. So it's a collaborative work.

Now you can use it wherever you want, but remember to credit orginal authors.
Aldo - Base model
Kobrar44 - Mapping and turrets
FreeSpaceFreak - Help with the turrets
Droid803 - LODs and Debris
Betrayal/Teeraal - Conversion

It has a bit different textures than Shadow Genesis version, and it comes with standard FS2 weapons [SG ones are not ready].
Known issues:
- Two damage textures, my mistake with import LODs and debris. It will be fixed in version released with whole mod.

Enjoy! :cool:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Re: RELEASE: GTSD Anchorage
You know this looks a lot like the GTSD Odin........
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
It has a long history ;) Any "quick specs" for us too lazy to install into FS2?  :p

Kosh - I like this ship better though, more details, better looking textures. Also seems to have less "random" sticky-outy bits...Perhaps it could be considered an "upgrade"  :)

Pic is slightly dark - here's a "lighter" version... :nervous:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:00:54 am by Enigmatic Entity »
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
I like that ship. Downloading.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
This ship indeed resembles the Odin, though it lacks a spinal gun.
Anyway, great model.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Awwww, what great guys you are!

Thanks muchly!

Offline crizza

Damn...comes this monster with weapons of it's own?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, it uses retail weapons.

Offline crizza

Nice...as of now I have too much customized weapons and LRbeams etc^^

Offline Kosh

It has a long history ;) Any "quick specs" for us too lazy to install into FS2?  :p

Kosh - I like this ship better though, more details, better looking textures. Also seems to have less "random" sticky-outy bits...Perhaps it could be considered an "upgrade"  :)

It should look better, the Odin was a 10 year old relic from Inferno R1.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It looks nice, but 15 textures is a bit much.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
There are not gonna be too many ships of this type in a single mission, so it won't affect FPS count too much. But yes, it still uses old, inefficient tilemap system to make moding easier.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.

I didn't know it was that old... :nervous:
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Kosh

I didn't know it was that old... :nervous:

Well you're new so it's ok. :P Inferno had an entirely new fleet, and while many of the new capships were kind of cool by the standards of the day, most of them were never used and never seen again in any other mods. The Odin was one, this was another.

Brain I/O error

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Actually the Phobos Adv. was made into a Destroyer for the same mod as the GTSD Anchorage.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Actually the Phobos Adv. was made into a Destroyer for the same mod as the GTSD Anchorage.
Yeah, it's called GTD Nephelai, screenshots of this beauty are in the Shadow Genesis thread here, on HLP. Inferno has a lot of freakin' cool designs. From INFR1 we have also GTD Boreas in new HTL glory.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
It has a ram and a bayonet ;)
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Here the beast with Post Processing against a whole fleet. But, I didn't see it open fire. :/ Perhaps, I forgot to update the retail weapons tbl.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I've noticed a few mistakes in the credit list of Anchorage on Wiki:
- 'Teeraal' is my second nickname, I'm using it on Sectorgame. It's not a different person.
- Turrets models are Kobrar44's work, not FSF's. FSF only helped with converting them.
- Kobrar44 made uvmapping. Textures are from MediaVPs.
I don't know how to change anything on Wiki, co could someone helpful fix this problem?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Fixed it for you.