Author Topic: Some future idea/concepts  (Read 13789 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Some future idea/concepts
Do more experiments like this :D . New texturing style reminds me your older fighters and I really like it :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

LOD 0 is a poly monster....
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Now with bump mapping

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Waow. That's gorgeous.

Even more physical detailing... aka.. not normal mapped!
73K poly and surprisingly I'm still getting 60fps with this cheapie video card.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That's starting to look like a Star Citizen ship. :) Will you remake the rest of your fighters to the same standard? Also, since you're going all-out, how about a new Confed pilot model?

Problem with confed fighters is they're generally very slick and aerodynamic.  Kinda hard to add detail without spoiling it and I don't really like to add detailed panelling, too much work, normal maps are good enough for that.

And yes I'm looking for a good detailed pilot model, this one is very long on the wind.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm thinking about missions of bigger size, with dozens of fighters. While Your previously generation of fighters are enough hi-poly for up to date standards, dozens of fighters with 73k poly... Well. I'm not sure if it's going to work without killing my PC or game engine. If I were You, I would stop on reworking the textures without adding numerous details to all fighters. Your new texturing style is gorgeous :D.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Remember this is all lod 0.  Lod 1 and lower won't change a bit.  Also I want to release a variant, one without landing gears (where the fighters never land, they never need stuff no-one will ever see)