Poll

Rate this Release:

Ground-breaking - Freespace wouldn't be the same without
Excellent - Everyone, go and download
Good - Recommended to most players
OK - A few people might like this
Bad - Waste of Time for everyone

Author Topic: [Release] Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior  (Read 41829 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
[Release] Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior
Escape and then again force entry into Polaris during the early hours of the NTF Rebellion to rescue GTVA loyalists of 6th Fleet. From the very beginning of the Rebellion to its ultimate height, the GTD Master, the GTCv Actium, its sistership, the GTCv Lysander and their crews engage the NTF in several dangerous missions.

The upgrade of Lightning Marshall (and because it's fitting so well thematically, I have also reworked and included Operation: Savior once more) is finally finished. While working on the campaigns I got carried away a bit, and more or less started over (blame Diaspora!), so this revamp turned out to be not a "normal" campaign upgrade, but rather something you might want to think of as a reboot.

This package does include:
- 6 campaigns with a total of 30 fully voice acted and thoroughly balanced missions
- Fully working cockpits for all fighters based on the generic Terran cockpit model
- Completely rebalanced ships and weapons
- Semi realistic flight model for fighters (Battlestar Galactica like)
- Cap ship battles - a lot of them

Download link:
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/53025
Patch 1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fbk9den171l36ss

Mirror:
part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dr7l8jvmv5efv83
part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wo9dzncc3wpf3w6
Patch 1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fbk9den171l36ss

Requirements and installation:

FSO version 3_6_18 or higher and the latest MediaVP release required
After decompression make sure that you are not having a Lightning Marshal folder inside another Lightning Marshal folder, select Lightning Marshal as the active mod in the launcher of your choice, and you are done
DISABLE BALLISTIC AMMO GAUGE IN THE LAUNCHER; THEY CAUSE MINOR PROBLEMS WITH THE COCKPITS!

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE HUD
remove the cockpits-hdg.tbm and Cockpits-shp.tbm files to disable the cockpits or play on a different resolution

Known bugs:
There are some minor problems with the cockpits with the display of the Katana in the weapons gauge and the target view's subsystems brackets

I'd like to thank all the people whose work has been used to get this released. As it is, there probably are very few modders on the HLP whose work hasn't been used in one way or another, be it coding, modeling/textures or inspiration.
Special thanks to Darkblade and biofaust, who helped with the voice acting, and all the people who created the original campaigns in the first place, you are the best.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:18:18 am by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: [Release] Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior
My most sincere and well deserved :yes: for this!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Am I right in thinking these cockpits are not an optional package? They're on by default and we'll need to mod them out?

Offline est1895

Awesome!! :yes: :yes: :cool: :cool:  But could you have just one file download instead of two?  For example, "Freespacemods"

Offline fightermedic

thanks  :pimp:
if someone wants to upload it to fsmods: you're welcome; i don't think i have any rights to do so

@Battuta: if you absolutely want to have the cockpits removed (why anyone would want to do that is beyond me though) it's just a matter of removing two table files, cleverly named "cockpit-xyz" by me
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Kewl

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
@Battuta: if you absolutely want to have the cockpits removed (why anyone would want to do that is beyond me though)
I think most people around here would. I don't like to have useless pieces of polygons blocking my view for absolutely nothing when I play.

Also, my low fov will mean I won't see half the gauges. Which is a lot more of a concern.

Also, they'll irrevocably get in the way when taking screenshots. I'm all about taking purty screenshots.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'd just like to express how incredibly awesome it is to hear lines I wrote voiced.

There's a part of me that says "well it could use a little more energy" but screw it, seriously, I wrote it, it's being acted, this is one of the best things ever.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline fightermedic

*snip * ... for absolutely nothing when I play.

Also, my low fov will mean I won't see half the gauges. Which is a lot more of a concern.

for nothing but being the most important missing feature in the freespace universe since 1997, as far as immersion goes
even Chris Roberts once said the only reason why they didn't have cockpits in WC4 was that they didn't have the money, but he would have loved to have them -> cockpits are cool -> q.e.d. ;)
anyway, play as you like it - i myself am in deep love with all the people that made cockpits possible
the technical issue can't be talked away though, i wasn't aware the UI doesn't downscale from the default resolution but only up, i will add information how to remove the cockpits in the opening post

@NGTM-1R
Glad you like it
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:38:24 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I got an error during decompression for 1 file LM1_MN2_DB03.ogg.  I haven't gotten a chance to test everything, but I do suspect the campaign will work.  I'm just letting you know that that happened.

Offline est1895

thanks  :pimp:
if someone wants to upload it to fsmods: you're welcome; i don't think i have any rights to do so

Well how do you put the two files together?

Offline Luis Dias

Not a fan of cockpits, but those screenshots are *awesome*. Good work! :yes:

e: I might give this a try, given it's NG's work. Let's see if his creativity lives up to his demeanor. :D

Offline est1895

Playing the Regulus Campaign, I've got no HUD.  Is it suppost to be like that or do I need to install a HUD?

PS. I had to delete the cockpit files becasue my resolution only goes up to 1280x1020.  As stated in the installation.

Offline fightermedic

now i am confused, do you have no hud even after deleting the files, or did that fix it?
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline est1895

Yes that is correct.  There is no HUD or the old cockpit.  Everything else works.   I can shoot and manuver, but there are no readouts?  I'm sure that it only needs a regular cockpit file to be inserted.

Offline fightermedic

there is no such thing as a regular cockpit file - the only files in the mod that effect the hud at all are the 2 table files mentioned in the first post, once those are removed there shouldn't be anything different from default left
are you absolutely sure you deleted the correct two files? i have just tested this again, and once i removed the 2 files i could perfectly well play the campaigns with any resolution and the old hud restored  :confused:
if you see the polygon model of the cockpit and no hud elements on it, then you did something wrong
if that is not the case: are there no hud elements on the screen for you at all?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:56:58 pm by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline est1895

Hi fighter.  Looks like my brother didn't delete both files, only one.  That must be the problem.  I'm sorry I bothered yah.

BTW  I really like the new cockpit.  I guess I'll have to wait for a new monitor with higher resolution.

Well done and congratulations on this release. I have always loved Lightning Marshal and its revamp/reboot is superb work. Not to mention the new features that were put in add a nice touch. :)
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy

I'm playing the Main Freespace campaign with this, and this is what my HUD looks like

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I am confuse, I'm getting loads of errors trying to run this.  It works when I skip them but I got way too many for I think mission 3 so I'm pretty much stuck since I spent ten minutes clicking errors away before giving up.

Getting this as the first error.  fs2_open.log attached.

ERANGE: String error. Please Report.
Trying to put into 127 byte buffer:
fenris-htl_debris-height.dds
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_18_NO-SSE.exe! <no symbol>

[attachment deleted by ninja]