Author Topic: FS1 Sqads  (Read 1955 times)

One of the cool things I liked in FS2 that FS1 didn't have was explicit squadrons. Also the fact that in FS1 an Admiral was talking directly to you about doing the third watch is kinda silly. Someone has probably already thought of this, but how about changing FS1 a bit to the more realistic style of FS2. Kinda like a FS1:R, but not as dramatic a change as in ST:R.

Say for instance in Eve of Destruction, you get assigned to some squadron (to be named later), commanded by Lt. Harbison. Instead of Admiral Wolf briefing you, Lt. Harbison does. "Hey, you're doing the third watch today. Since this is your first assignment, I'll be there with you." Or something like that.

When you get to the McCarthy mission, since you are such a great pilot, you get to join a brand new squadron, the Suicide Kings! You play with them for a few missions before joining another squad. After a while, you join a recon squad for Playing Judas (maybe you get kicked out because you did something "wrong" in that mission, like trying to fly into the Lucifer's docking bay like command said). Near the end, you join (or even lead!) the Hammerheads on the Bastion and take down the Lucifer.

Of course, this is a departure from FS1, so that is why I would tag it FS1:R. Non-canon, but still cool. It wouldn't be that difficult to change the mission briefings without changing the storyline. Those node inconsistencies (and other small bugs) can be ironed out too. What do you think? Oh, and if someone has done this, please point me to them.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
you do realize the voices are irreplaceable?
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
If you want a different take on FS1, I suggest What If.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

you do realize the voices are irreplaceable?

Literally, or the voices are so good you don't want to replace them? I know any voice acting would have to come from new talent, but there shouldn't be too much conflict. Lt. Harbison's voice would be different, but he's a minor character with few lines anyways. Keep all the command briefings the same and change all the mission briefings to the squad leaders (except for when you are the squad leader, then it's the same). I'm not saying this would replace FS1, just make it different, like what happened to ST & ST:R.

If you want a different take on FS1, I suggest What If.

I'm unfamiliar with that and can't seem to find it on this site. Can you give me a link and/or more information?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
this would be a lot of work for such trivial changes that are highly subjective as to their worth.
I like to stare at the sun.