Author Topic: GTF Icarus Update from End War... anyone have it?  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
GTF Icarus Update from End War... anyone have it?
Link for pictures

Exactly as the topic says - this was made and, AFAIK, never released. I've PMed ShadowGorrath, but his account's been untouched since March 2012, so I'm not expecting much there. Does anyone know whether End War released its assets (or was ever officially cancelled) or anything like that? It's a rather pretty ship, is all, and even more so with those updates.

Cheers blokes.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Re: GTF Icarus Update from End War... anyone have it?
Can't say I've seen that version of the Icarus before. Which is saying something, given how much I try to add to my hoard of ship models...
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's probably still on ShadowGorrath's HD like all EW stuff, but of course, he won't release anything even if his project is dead. Hah! Irony... They made a lot of stuff mostly via requests and than they disappeared from the whole community and pissed off everything without releasing a single model or something.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
This is why asset exclusivity is evul.

Eeeeeevuuuuuul.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Pretty sure that's just a straight re-texture of the regular Icarus. I had it at one point (along with most of EW), but I don't anymore since my HDD crashed and died, then my backup decided it would be a good time to follow suit.

EW has a grand total of one exclusive asset that hasn't been released.
Everything else is just taken from various modeldumps. I've already released most of it (see first post of http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=68802)

What remains is a few retextures, some interface things, and the aforementioned one ship (a Terran Super-destroyer sized ship), which probably needs all its turrets renamed to actually work.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:06:27 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Exactly as the topic says - this was made and, AFAIK, never released. I've PMed ShadowGorrath, but his account's been untouched since March 2012, so I'm not expecting much there. Does anyone know whether End War released its assets (or was ever officially cancelled) or anything like that? It's a rather pretty ship, is all, and even more so with those updates.
IIRC the mod was never officially cancelled, just put on indefinite hold. Nonetheless, I'm the one who updated the model, so I'd say I have the right to release it. So, grab the attachment while it's hot!

The model is licensed CC-BY-SA, unless Aldo (creator of the original model) objects. For normal, glow and spec maps you may assume the WTFPL, unless ShadowGorrath objects (he made them). Either way, the model was unwrapped onto the original texture, so you can always revert to that one if needed. Oh, and the cockpit was made by Vasudan Admiral for the MediaVPs.

Pretty sure that's just a straight re-texture of the regular Icarus.
Nope, the model has been edited alright. I added the cockpit and made a few extrusions here and there. It was one of my first modelling jobs though, so the difference ain't that large - you're forgiven for not spotting it :P

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:12:12 pm by FreeSpaceFreak »

Offline Droid803

Oh, it was updated...shows how much I remember, haha.
Thanks for putting it up, FSF.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
And HLP continues to be awesome. :D I love that so very little is ever truly lost here - and that people tend to be pretty open to sharing and caring.

Thanks FSF, I'll get this onto the wiki... well, probably tomorrow as it's 3 AM almost, but soon! Plus I have additional plans which this fits very nicely into. :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
IIRC the mod was never officially cancelled, just put on indefinite hold. Nonetheless, I'm the one who updated the model, so I'd say I have the right to release it. So, grab the attachment while it's hot!

*adds to hoard*
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
1,5k polys... Of pure awesomeness :yes:

BTW. Is there anyone who has any news about that terran superdestroyer? It was pretty cool as I remember. PeterV made it. It would be a shame, to waste her on ShadowGorrath's HD.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Droid803

I have it but I'm not in a position to release it. You'd have to ask PeterV.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
He seems to disappear long time ago and he is probably unreachable, but I will try. It would be cool to fix all the errors and release it.

I still have Shadow's skype address, if you lot want me to tell him something just give me a sign.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Than just ask him about the model... Or the status of the whole EW. I've already sent email to PeterV, but I don't think he will respond.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

Not needed. I've already contacted PeterV and he will send me the model. When I fix it, I will release it.