Author Topic: Inferno: Nostos Discussion  (Read 99940 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Inferno: Nostos Discussion

Since there were quite a few requests for it, Inferno has now been rebuilt for FS2 Retail compatability, with full mediavps support.

Features:
Missions: 30
- Improved missions from the original R1 and more brand new missions, more than doubling the original R1 campaign length
- One of the largest modpack fleets ever assembled surpassing the original FS2 retail ship limits
- Improved HTL versions of R1 models and many more new ones
- Brand new weapon effects and new weapon designs as well as revamped R1 classics
- Several new music tracks as well as upgraded R1 music

Required:
FS2 with the Latest FSOpen and Mediavps 2014

Release Date
TBA

Since it runs on top of FS2 Retail we can also provide 'Infernoised' tables for the none used FS2 ships (though can't be enabled by default due to the ship limits)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: Inferno: Nostos Discussion
Inferno has now been rebuilt for FS2 Retail compatability
???

Required:
FS2 with the Latest FSOpen and Mediavps 2014
You guys be sure to call us when you've made up your mind :p

I suppose what you meant by "FS2 Retail compatibility" was that it wouldn't be a standalone? And not that you'd be able to run it with a retail exe.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well you can always try with the retail exe I guess :p

Which is why it says "FS2 with latest FSOpen". Hence a legal copy of retail FS2 with FSOpen installed and the 2014 Mediavps.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Sorry, I've just seen too much Goober to not dismiss that absurd possibility  :doubt:
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's why I make sure to always get my terminology correct. :p

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Well, you can bet I'll play it when it's done!

Anyone want to guess what the biggest ship in the release will be? :P

Out of curiosity, are you in need of playtesters/modelers/FREDers, or are you set for personnel?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:58:08 pm by InsaneBaron »
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline CT27

Anyone want to guess what the biggest ship in the release will be? :P

Icanus?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
In the release as in "done, but doesn't appear yet", the Gigas. As in "in the campaign", it'll be that "nasty surprise" (?) after the Nemesis.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I was under the impression the SuperJuggernauts weren't in this release. So I guess Juggernauts will be the king ships for now.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah no Gigas and Icanus in this release. Since the HTL models might be quite different to the ones we use now we didn't want to include the current ones, have people make their own missions with them, then find out they won't work because of changes to the models for the 2nd half.

As for the biggest it depends on what you mean. We include the Sathanas but its in the mediavps, if you mean something new then probably the Bastion ship wise.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Err, the largest non-prop "ship" model is probably the Ishtar/Sol Gate. :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline mr.WHO

The Bastion is a Juggernaut class or Super Destroyer class? If it's SD does it replaces the Odin?

In the past I read here that GTA suposed to have multiple Odins and Warlocks (like one per each fleet), but if now both are scrapped then what will act as flagship of choice for each GTA fleet?
After Collossus it would really make sence to invest in A few Super Destroyers instead one big project that will be fried by nearest Sathans. And since fighters very so effective in disarming shivan ships a few super carriers and numerous smaller carriers would also make sense.

What about EA? It's safe to assume Nemesis is only one (maybe others exist, but under construction?) and Telemus was also only one before it was scrapped. Augrigas seems to be Orions with teeths remove in favor of larger hangar and I guess it's mass produced Carrier nor really good for a flagship. Acutally only one Nemesis and nothing else make sence as they don't needed multiple flagship operating only one system and pumping ****load of metric tonnes into Icanus project.

and then the are Vasudans which are total mystery  for now (do they still have Tanen super carriers? or do they were scrapped along Warlock?).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Bastion is a Juggernaut class or Super Destroyer class? If it's SD does it replaces the Odin?

In the past I read here that GTA supposed to have multiple Odins and Warlocks (like one per each fleet), but if now both are scrapped then what will act as flagship of choice for each GTA fleet?
The Bastion is a Super Destroyer and the Terran fleet flagship. The fleets themselves are mained by the remaining Hecate destroyers, the players being the Aquitaine. The Odin class is still around right now but isn't used in the first 30 missions as the Bastion replaces it for specific fights.

What about EA? It's safe to assume Nemesis is only one (maybe others exist, but under construction?) and Telemus was also only one before it was scrapped. Augrigas seems to be Orions with teeths remove in favor of larger hangar and I guess it's mass produced Carrier nor really good for a flagship. Acutally only one Nemesis and nothing else make sence as they don't needed multiple flagship operating only one system and pumping ****load of metric tonnes into Icanus project.
The Nemesis is the only one of its type. The EA have the Auriga, Tyrannos light carrier, the Soter, Kyrios and the Basileus along with the ships used in R1. Plus new minor ships like a science vessel/awacs and a medical ship. Some of these new ships are of Jovian design which is different to the normal Earth/Mars based ships.

and then the are Vasudans which are total mystery  for now (do they still have Tanen super carriers? or do they were scrapped along Warlock?).
Right now the Vasudan carrier is none existant as we tried to negotiate with another project for a specific model for that and weren't able to finalise a deal. The plan would be to replace it with a smaller carrier like the Lenaeus. We currently have a different model than the R1 Tanen filling the supercarrier role for the Vasudans. The Vasudans will also be getting their own fleet flagship like the Bastion, but the final model hasn't been started yet as it doesn't show up until a few missions into the second part of the campaign.

Offline mr.WHO

The Bastion is a Super Destroyer and the Terran fleet flagship. The fleets themselves are mained by the remaining Hecate destroyers, the players being the Aquitaine. The Odin class is still around right now but isn't used in the first 30 missions as the Bastion replaces it for specific fights.

The Nemesis is the only one of its type. The EA have the Auriga, Tyrannos light carrier, the Soter, Kyrios and the Basileus along with the ships used in R1. Plus new minor ships like a science vessel/awacs and a medical ship. Some of these new ships are of Jovian design which is different to the normal Earth/Mars based ships.

You mean classic Hecate or inferno Icelus refit?

As for EA destroyers - can you reveal each class purpose (like in R1 Icelus and Tereus - general purpose, while Boreas and Lindos heavy/assult destroyer) ? with so many hull changesI lost track of them.  E.g Tereus and Rujin, which one got scrapped? how do they differ from Basileus that seems to be EA heavy destroyer? How does Lindos fit between them? From hull shape I guess that Basileus is EA Orion on super crazy steroids and crystal meth, while Lindos is just a "greatest number of frontal beamz" in know universe?

If it's not classified information - how long it will be between EA defeat (or merge? or else?) of Jovian Coalition and EA-GTVA war? Does EA-used Jovian ships in INF SCP will be refited IFNA1/2 stuff (kinda like FS2 ships on GTVA side) or do they will keep up with modern ships standard?

I mean comparing to Inferno firepower the FS2 Hecate, Demos or even Hashepsut seems to be quite desparete choice, same was with FS1 ships in FS2 era (with the exception of Orion that was probably one and only succesful refit that even exceeded modern Hecate of that time).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Ryujin got scrapped in favor of the Basileus. It will appear in Shadow Genesis 2, and if I remember correctly, in Twist of Fate.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You mean classic Hecate or inferno Icelus refit?
Classic Hecate. They stay back off the front lines were the Icelus and Boreas classes go

From hull shape I guess that Basileus is EA Orion on super crazy steroids and crystal meth, while Lindos is just a "greatest number of frontal beamz" in know universe?
The Basileus is a unique Jovian design, and will have a major role in the fleet in the 2nd part of the campaign. You encounter it once near the end of the 1st campaign.

I mean comparing to Inferno firepower the FS2 Hecate, Demos or even Hashepsut seems to be quite desparete choice, same was with FS1 ships in FS2 era (with the exception of Orion that was probably one and only succesful refit that even exceeded modern Hecate of that time).
FS2 era destroyers have a lighter role than their INF counterparts, the Deimos, Aelous etc have been upgraded to better weapons, but not a higher turret count.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Hecates were converted into carrier/communications/command ships with minimal direct combat capability, as the fluff goes. They're kind of hopelessly outgunned, but that's fine because if they shouldn't be getting shot at (and if they are, they should just run).

The Icelus are the new "balanced" general-purpose destroyer based on the Hecate design, kind of 'fixing' the original design's combat deficiencies.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Is the Het'ka still in? Do the Vasudans have a SD other than the flagship?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Is the Het'ka still in? Do the Vasudans have a SD other than the flagship?
No and no. Sadly the Vasudans are at a bare minimum when it comes to capships at least.

Offline mr.WHO

Plot wise you can just say that Zods are going for economies of scale - so they have less class types, but longer production series of each class comparing to Terrans.