Author Topic: SHADOW GENESIS - Official Annoucement [Heavy Images!]  (Read 40857 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: SHADOW GENESIS - Official Annoucement [Heavy Images!]
Eh, dont spam my thread plz
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

OK lol.
You might want to update the the first post about the progress and the expected date of release.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:
Final testing and probably the last bugfixes for missions. I've started to making simple cbanims and loadingscreens. And...

Courtesy of Lukasz159. WIPs of HTL Nightmare Jugg, swarm fighter and new light bomber/heavy fighter probably for act II but... Nothing is sure :D. I need a dedicated texture artist to finish them, so If anyone has too much time - he's welcome :). Will be released probably in patch after release of main project. We don't want to delay the release anymore.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Starcraft units?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Second one was probably inspired by the mutalisk. Jugg and light fighter are based on original models from first generation.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The Nightmares were a boring terrible concept, but I bet you can do something cool with them!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Second one was probably inspired by the mutalisk. Jugg and light fighter are based on original models from first generation.
The first thing that came to my mind was "Guardian/broodlord, mutalisk, wraith" when I saw these models.  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

That bottom one actually looks more like a Scourge to me.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
The Nightmares! *gasp* The Beautiful Nightmares!
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The first thing that came to my mind was "Guardian/broodlord, mutalisk, wraith" when I saw these models.  :p

Guardian moreso than broodlord, definitely. GGlords are triangular (flat edge on the front) :P
The Guardian is the one with the funny tentacle thingies hanging off the side.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
actually the first one looks likes a high poly version of the Shivan planet killer from Inferno, the Vinaashak. I like the organic feel to them. I always wonder what aldo intended for the nightmares, as the originals where very shadow like from B5.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's HTL remake of Vinaashak [original Nightmare juggernaut]. Remakes of Destroyer and Frigate/Carrier are on the way. First generation of Nightmares are inspired by shivans and shadows from B5 as I remember. I'd like to keep this, consider it as small tribute to original Aldos' Nightmares :). Second generation are insect-like.
Jugg belong to first generation, both fighters to second. All will be revealed in a proper time, in the campaign.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
So is there a release date for this awesome looking campaign, or it is still SOON (tm)?
And didn't Droid use some HTL Nigthmares for DE?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yes I did. Those are the "official" HTL Nightmares by Aldo.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
So is there a release date for this awesome looking campaign, or it is still SOON (tm)?
And didn't Droid use some HTL Nigthmares for DE?
Hard to say. We're finishing, but... We're finishing from a year o__O,mostly due to my lack of discipline for myself and laziness. A lot of missions have been rebuilded from last year. We're making last bugfixing and balancing for them, then I will finish loadingscreens, cbanims and other addonital things. Maybe 2-3 months, maybe fewer.

Alright, I'm god damn back (I moved into a new house and today I got a new router :D)
I will test the mod again this weekend, and if there are any bugs I will report You that ;)

Still waiting, guys. Very excited. When will it be released?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Veeeeeery soon :P. I was supposed to be on Christmas, Fury's AI was the reason of new troubles. We must remove a few effects due to optimalization reasons, I must finish nameplates. CBanims ready, loadingscreens ready, last fixes to missions.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
UPDATE

Archivement system and one checkpoint to go. Everything is almost finished. I started to build modpack for second part of the Shadow Genesis... Called Shadow Genesis 2: The Silent Eyes. Hah, I must say - finishing mod is the hardest part to do. Bugfixing, optimalization and testing... Hardest part of the job.

Now Shadow Genesis has it's own moddb page! Every update will be posted here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/shadow-genesis
Not so much now, but it will grow fast :D

Betrayel let me help testing