Author Topic: SHADOW GENESIS - Official Annoucement [Heavy Images!]  (Read 40856 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: SHADOW GENESIS - Official Annoucement [Heavy Images!]
We published new screenshots in the Celebration thread and on the Sectorgame some time ago [link in my profile]. Now we're preparing a new tech entrys with descriptions of some unique ships from SG. Progress of mod is also very good. We finished basic FREDing and modpack. Now we're fixing and testing everything. Don't worry, SG will come to you very soon :D.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

We published new screenshots in the Celebration thread and on the Sectorgame some time ago [link in my profile]. Now we're preparing a new tech entrys with descriptions of some unique ships from SG. Progress of mod is also very good. We finished basic FREDing and modpack. Now we're fixing and testing everything. Don't worry, SG will come to you very soon :D.

Glad to hear things are progressing.  I just finished reading through the tech entries posted on Sectorgame and can't wait for the actual release.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:
Added a database of the terran capital ships. Check it on Sectorgame :).
http://www.sectorgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4655
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Sonzai

• 137th Quantum Physicists
Very cool!  Looking forward to playing this when it's out!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
looking good :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

*** OFFICIAL NEWS ***

Not everyone is advised, so... Time for some update :D.
We FINISHED freding! Testing will begin very soon. I'm finishing the last fixes in the modpack. Adding turrets flags and alternative subsystem names, you will see completly new turret naming [instead of old "Beam Turret", "Laser Turret" etc...]. SG system will be more clear. I'm converting the last model - the replacement for the old NGTD Gaia. This one is fully uvmapped not tilemapped, every exclusive model from Shadow Genesis will pass into uvmapping instead of old tilemapping, but probably not in the first release [lack of good staff and time]. We will fix as many models as we can.

Ok, time for some eyecandy. From the deepest parts of the universe, the shadow came to you...
(gallery removed)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:43:03 am by Betrayal »

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I am very much looking forward to this release. It looks like a lot of work is going into this. If for nothing else, for the Orion pic in the original post overlapping the blue star.
I want it... I want good...
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm gonna be here... waiting for the release... oh yes.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Yeargh, I await the Shadow.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Your campaign looks awesomesauce. You guys never fail to impress me.   :P
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Can't wait, looks pretty interesting  :)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
BTW, due to the relatively high amount of models'n'maps, how big will the entire mod be?
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
BTW, due to the relatively high amount of models'n'maps, how big will the entire mod be?
Now it's 2,07gb :P, but we have a lot of uncompressed maps, a few old and unused files and everything is in data folders not in the vp files. After final touch up, it will be something around 1,5gb.

Any news regarding the beta testing of Shadow Genesis?  Not trying to rush you.  I'm just curious if you have an estimate.  Not a release date.  I know how unreliable those can be.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Currently I'm busy as hell with real life issues, so I don't have much time for mod. Progress is now a bit slower, I'm focusing on optimalisation of the modpack and removing bugs. Co-author of the mod - Petarch is working on new balancing systems, inspired by the system from Procyon Insurgency.

WOW I really need to check these threads more often, cause this is yet another must have mod I gotta download.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
 :bump: So whats the status dear Prophet. We must know.

Everytime a topic as epic as this has to be bumped. A emotocon dies.

:headz:

Please don't let the Zods kill another emoto   :(
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Nothing new, but finaly I have winter holidays so we can resume work on mod.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Nothing new, but finaly I have winter holidays so we can resume work on mod.

Great! You have saved another :) from falling victim to the Zods.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

It's been about four months since we've heard anything about Shadow Genesis.  Is there any news on this campaign?