Author Topic: RELEASE: Warzone SCP v2.3.2 (Beta version)  (Read 34427 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
RELEASE: Warzone SCP v2.3.2 (Beta version)
The FSCRP Team is proud to announce that a further upgrade of Warzone is now available for Beta testing. I wished we could take care of testing all by ourselves, but as community project the FSCRP has all the right to get consistent support from the community as a whole.

What's changed since the old version? Well, a lot of things. A while ago, Admiral Nelson asked for a quick sanity check of his latest update of the campaign, so I played through it. During my playthrough, I decided to make consistent changes (all mentioned in the change log) and test them many times. They wouldn't have been possible, of course, without Admiral Nelson's previous work, MP-Ryan's support and the valuable testers, Macfie and SF-Junky.

The reasons why me and Macfie decided to release this Beta version to the public is simple: the development of many campaigns the FSCRP is working on has been effectively slowed down by the shortage of testers, so this is a much needed attempt to allow community members to help us. The team will be monitoring this thread and will also have full consideration of your reports. We hope to get Warzone SCP done once and for all, and then upload it to sites like FSMods, GW and ModDB. I haven't done this now due to the temporary nature of this Beta version, which is stable but still not definitive.

I know some members would expect this version to feature voice acting, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait. I'd be glad to resurrect the voice acting in the foreseeable future, but at the moment I think it's very important to make the campaign bug free and ensure it's quality.

Credits:

Original 2.2 version: Admiral Nelson
Versions 2.3.0 through 2.3.2: Mobius
Testing: Macfie, Mobius, SF-Junky
Support: MP-Ryan

All members of the team have learned a lot from Admiral Nelson's amazing work, and I hope he'll be proud to find this upon coming back. :)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:08:25 am by Mongoose »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Tinman

• Released: WCS mini campaign
Re: RELEASE: Warzone SCP v2.3.2 (Beta version)

I know some members would expect this version to feature voice acting, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait. I'd be glad to resurrect the voice acting in the foreseeable future, but at the moment I think it's very important to make the campaign bug free and ensure it's quality.

About 70% of the voice acting stuff is done. Anyone who want to help getting it done, go here  :D

There is also a SVN Repository online.

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Good grief! What's happened to the Ravana?? I must've been away for too long again!
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Got a bug for y'all. In mission 3, the shivan cruiser arrived only after the Warlock had already departed, which makes the dialogue a bit weird.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Tinman

Got a bug for y'all. In mission 3, the shivan cruiser arrived only after the Warlock had already departed, which makes the dialogue a bit weird.

I playtested E1M3 "Premonitions" several times now and the problem never showed up.

What FS2Open version do you use? What ist the name of the shivan cruiser that arrived after the Warlock had already departed and what dialogue do you refer to?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Used a nightly, 5613 or 5615.

Don't remember the name of the cruiser right now, but the dialogue was something like "Shivan cruiser has arrived, she's gunning for the <Insert friendly cap ship here>"
God, I'm terrible with names today...

Sidenote: Would you mind changing your sig so that it no longer refers to engine builds that are waaaay out of date? Like all the 3.6.9 builds? Support guy says thanks.

Offline Tinman

Maybe this one?

"The Geryon has arrived and is powering up it's beam cannons for an attack on the Warlock!"

Then I see the problem - you're to slow to destroy the waves of fighters and bombers  :)
I'll fix that... 

For the old builds in the sig: These are builds for MacOS X only. But it is a good idea to remove the links to the older builds, at least for Freespace2.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Okay....

And no, it's not enough. 3.6.9 builds are just too old, no matter what OS you are using. And what's this PBO fix? Also note that there are official .10 builds for MacOS in the release thread.

Offline Tomo

Bug report:
Running Nightly 5615 debug, got the following Assert during mission load of the mission when you first leave the nebula:
(Forgot it's name)
Code: [Select]
Couldn't open texture 'cry05a'
referenced by model 'vidar.pof'

«! KiFastSystemCallRet
«! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! <no symbol>
«! RegisterWaitForInputIdle + 73 bytes
Looks like a texture is missing - I've been playing this in Release builds until now.

Offline Tinman

Mobius removed accidentally the texture 'cry05a' in 2.3.2b as it is in /data/maps in previous Warzone versions. I added it again. Thanks for the report!
(btw:  'cry05a' is used for the Vidar-debris)

Offline Tomo

While on the subject, I just noticed that the vidar.pof has some typos:

"Cyrochamber5" should be "Cryochamber5" etc

Offline Tinman

While on the subject, I just noticed that the vidar.pof has some typos:

"Cyrochamber5" should be "Cryochamber5" etc

Cryochamber1 to Cryochamber6 fixed  :)

Something is not right with the VPs for either version.....On two missions, it says I am missing ship models, and do not know what they would be....any help here?
I shat all over that Shivan fighter....right up 'till his buddy got me.

Hello ,

Now i played the first 3 missions and no problems at all.
The only i missing is the Communication beep that i know now comes new Communication.
If the Campaign delivered with Voice then the beep is not longer necessary.

Greetings Peter

I played Warzone through and must say it is a fine Campaign.
The difficulty level is very moderate and (i like this) i must never replay a Mission in a result of a failure.

But i think i found a little Mistake: by joining the 636th Wolfpack will be shown a wrong Squad logo in the pre Briefing Video. There shown the 70 Lions (i must again take a sharp look).

But in the Missions all be superb.

I Played Warzone on a Athlon 64 XP, 1 Gig Ram, ATI-Radeon X800 pro

SCP 3.6.10 Final+Mediavps

Greetings Peter

Any news about voice acting ??

Offline Tinman

Any news about voice acting ??

About 95% done.
One main person missing. Voice actor disappeared.  :(
Work is ongoing. Release hopefully before mid-2010.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
how can i tell which version of the campaign i have?  i got warzone via the 3.6.10 offline installer campaign pack, and i'm getting an error on "Northwest Passage" that says i fail, even though i protected all ships and accomplished all objectives.  it is using the mediavps, which i would think means i already have the SCP build, and the only solution i found searching the forums for this problem was downloading this version.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
This version is the most up to date available.  The one with the installer pack is an older version.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.