Author Topic: Enter the Dragon bug??  (Read 3570 times)

Offline zhirzzh

Enter the Dragon bug??
the arjuna 1's shield keeps recharging so I can't capture it.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Nope, that's just a part of how the level is. Annoying, but if it's that bothersome just set it to Very Easy for that mission.

And if you're running the SCP make sure you don't have "smart shields" enabled for this mission, either.

Offline zhirzzh

ah I read that in the first fs1 it didn't recharge.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It seemed to me that the mission was definitely easier in FS1, but I do remember the shields recharging back then.

If you call in the reinforcements It says in the recomendations box that the shields don't recharge.
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In the original FS1 tables, there was a crippled version of the Dragon for this specific mission.  It probably had poorer shields.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
In the original FS1 tables, there was a crippled version of the Dragon for this specific mission.  It probably had poorer shields.
Yup; the shields didn't recharge.  We'll have to figure out a way to fix this.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
They didn't recharge, but the the bugger sure knew how to move the remaining shield strength around...

*shakes fist in anger*
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
To make the port compatible with Retail and the main FS2 campaign, we had to leave out the crippled Dragon. Yeah, this is a tough mission. Goober, perhaps we could have a series of SEXPs to ensure that once Arjuna's shields drop below a certain threshhold, they don't go back above that? Imagine a series of repeating chained events...
Code: [Select]

+-When
---<
----shield-strength
-----Arjuna 1
---do-nothing

§-When
--->
----shield-strength
-----Arjuna 1
---set-shield-strength
----Arjuna 1
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, something like that.  Of course, we'd need a retail-compatible campaign, and I'm not sure if set-shield-strength is a retail sexp.  But we'll see.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Find me on AIM/ICQ tonight, we'll talk shop.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Sorry to be a pain in the buttocks, but isn't this 'bug' (if you will) fixable w/ a copy of the Dragon that has the 'Power Output' thing-a-bob set to zero? Making any and all shield recharging non-existent? Oh ya, plus a 'ship copy' flag. Of course. How many more entries can the current ships.tbl handle?

Off-topic: Is the Karnak supposed to show up in the Tech Room, btw?
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
That dragon would only be able to fire a limited amount of shots and use its afterburners for a limited (finite) number of times, though.

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
How does that woik in FS1 then? Is the FS2 engine that much different? Oh ya, the shields of the 'weakened Dragon' are exactly the same as the normal one. Only the power output is different. At least according to the table files. Sorry if I'm a complete idiot regarding this.
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Selectah
Sorry to be a pain in the buttocks, but isn't this 'bug' (if you will) fixable w/ a copy of the Dragon that has the 'Power Output' thing-a-bob set to zero? Making any and all shield recharging non-existent? Oh ya, plus a 'ship copy' flag. Of course. How many more entries can the current ships.tbl handle?
We could except we're already at the 130 ship limit.  So we need a more creative approach.
Off-topic: Is the Karnak supposed to show up in the Tech Room, btw?
Yeah, we threw it in just for kicks.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Goober5000
Yeah, we threw it in just for kicks.

And I'm glad you did, too.

I won't mention why... :nervous:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Neither will I. :drevil:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Goober5000
We could except we're already at the 130 ship limit. So we need a more creative approach.

You could cut 4 ships from the table entry, but it would necessitate converting over to SCP, totally.  With texture replacement, you can remove the Bastion and Galatea entries, and thanks to the ability to toggle off the scanning of subsystems on destroyer+ models, you can remove the Lucifer and Demon scan entries.  Again, this would require a convert to totally SCP, which if I'm not mistaken, is not the plan for ST:R & such.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic

You could cut 4 ships from the table entry, but it would necessitate converting over to SCP, totally.  With texture replacement, you can remove the Bastion and Galatea entries, and thanks to the ability to toggle off the scanning of subsystems on destroyer+ models, you can remove the Lucifer and Demon scan entries.  Again, this would require a convert to totally SCP, which if I'm not mistaken, is not the plan for ST:R & such.
Yeah, we already considered that.  And we want to keep a retail campaign available.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Of course if we used the SCP, we wouldn't be limited to the 130 ships anyway.

Like Goober said, our top consideration is using the FSPort as a plug-and-play module you can use for both the Ported campaign and the retail FS2 campaign, and any that fall in between.