Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578042 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
It's changed very little since 1.8, the biomes are exactly the same with the only new additions being cocoa trees in jungles, 2 extra dungeon types, and slightly different NPC village design. So in other words...it still sucks.

EDIT: Oh and there's a "large biome" option on world creation now. Same crappy biomes, but wayyy bigger (ocean = pain)

I could have sworn there was something adjusted so that the desert and forest (?) biomes wouldn't be so boringly flat, and so the mountain biomes wouldn't be so devoid of trees...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Well that's part of the reason I'm suggesting mods...I have a feeling that attitude is going to stay if there's not something new to look forward to, which would mean the server completely dying >.<

If that attitude were prevalent in all participating players that might be a possibility, but some such as myself have said we don't mind the restart and will play regardless so that's not really the case. Further if I'm not mistaken you were hoping for mod integration since before the reset announcement so you likely would have brought up this issue irrespective of anyone's sentiments.

I guess it depends on the amount of work invested.
If you only built a single house, ti's no big loss.
Also, it doesn't have to be prevalent in all. It's enough that half the palyers loose interest, and the server will already feel like a ghost town.

Well I invested 139 hours, which is four hours less than you btw, and for me it's no big loss.
As long as I enjoyed the time I spent playing that's all that really matters. If I wanted to build something to last I'd built it in the real world, not in minecraft.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yes, because we're all totally capable of dropping everything and constructing a castle. :p

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm going to be gone for several hours soon enough, so I figured I'd leave up my test server while I'm gone. Feel free to look around, tell us what you think of the terrain generator thats currently in use. Keep in mind, not a single block has been placed, this is pure world generation.

IP: 216.244.49.128:8090
Dyn: 216.244.49.128:8123
(not rendered yet)

DISCLAIMER: this is a patchwork test server with a whole bunch of different crap from months of testing. Nothing seen on the server is an indication of anything.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Also, it doesn't have to be prevalent in all. It's enough that half the palyers loose interest, and the server will already feel like a ghost town.

Well I invested 139 hours, which is four hours less than you btw, and for me it's no big loss.
As long as I enjoyed the time I spent playing that's all that really matters. If I wanted to build something to last I'd built it in the real world, not in minecraft.

And you could have spent 138 of those hours just frolicking around. Not really getting invested in anything you built.
Number of hours is irrelevant. What you actually did is.

And honestly, now that I think about it I can't recall any building of yours.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Just so you're aware, all this complaining and moaning isn't improving my opinion of you, and I'm not changing my decision.
(Who is this aimed at? nobody knooooows...)
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Just so you're aware, all this complaining and moaning isn't improving my opinion of you, and I'm not changing my decision.
(Who is this aimed at? nobody knooooows...)

Just clarifying what I meant.
And "no one is on" is as much as observation as a complaint.

Frankly I don't give a rats ass if it improves or worsens your oppinion of me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
No idea mate, part of me wanted to go rather trolltastic, use a 20km ocean seed, "forget" to give sandwich and kyad login details and dissapear for a month.

A cookie to anyone who makes their first home an underwater mud hut directly below the spawn location, instead of ragequitting or trying to swim off to land.

[edit] Admins putting themselves into creative mode would be excluded, of course. [/edit]

Trying to swim to land, only to find out Qaz put a max setting on his map! You'll never get to land! It's just five blocks past the barrier!
"No"

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Trying to swim to land, only to find out Qaz put a max setting on his map! You'll never get to land! It's just five blocks past the barrier!
Quit giving them ideas. :P
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Swap the water for LAVA!! No, wait. Creepers!

Have us spawn in an ocean of creepers.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Swap the water for LAVA!! No, wait. Creepers!

Have us spawn in an ocean of creepers.

Vat of boiling Creepers is go?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

And you could have spent 138 of those hours just frolicking around. Not really getting invested in anything you built.

Considering I mined and chopped and smelted and crafted every block of every building I built while you and others used creative I don't think you have any standing to question whether or not I was "invested" in what I built.

EDIT - I'd post some screens of stuff I built but I can't access my webspace for whatever reason at present. Once I can I'll upload 'em
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:54:53 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
C'mon guys, this thread has been a constant battleground. Can't we all just pass the peace pipe and face the fact that there's going to be a new world, and everyone's cubic e-penis is getting sent back to "Fetus".
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Considering I mined and chopped and smelted and crafted every block of every building I built while you and others used creative I don't think you have any standing to question whether or not I was "invested" in what I built.
Uh I personally did everything in survival, as did JC (mostly, he cheated a little but meh) and mongoose. Between us there's a hell of a lot of work all going down the drain now.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Uh I personally did everything in survival, as did JC (mostly, he cheated a little but meh) and mongoose. Between us there's a hell of a lot of work all going down the drain now.

Here's an idea. Get the map, host your own server
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Swantz has already said he might be doing just that, so we'll see. 

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

So did I for all of Old TrashMania and large parts of the new one

And relax. I wasn't implying you didn't build anything - I just said I don't know nor can I ID any of your buildings. No one mentioned your stuff when I came on and I must have missed it...it's a big server and I can only connect some bigger and more impressive buildings with names.

C'mon guys, this thread has been a constant battleground. Can't we all just pass the peace pipe and face the fact that there's going to be a new world, and everyone's cubic e-penis is getting sent back to "Fetus".

What battleground?

All I did was post that no one was on currently. That's a statement of fact, not a war declaration.

I also pointed out the possiblity of a new server being less populated.What's so hostile about any of those?

So did I for all of Old TrashMania and large parts of the new one

And relax. I wasn't implying you didn't build anything - I just said I don't know nor can I ID any of your buildings. No one mentioned your stuff when I came on and I must have missed it...it's a big server and I can only connect some bigger and more impressive buildings with names.

Forgive me I thought your tone was a bit more hostile.
Don't worry, I don't expect you to have seen any of my buildings. No one has seen them except me. Though I'll post some screens once I can upload the jpegs somewhere. Can't connect with my webpage ftp right now for some reasons.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
In lighter news, someone build this.  Now.  Because it won't work in 1.3.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
In lighter news, someone build this.  Now.  Because it won't work in 1.3.

It won't? Why so
(I think I missed something about this update)
"No"