Author Topic: Why all the Forums?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Why do you have all these forums?  The only ones that really get any posts are the FreeSpace ones and the main forum.  Either advertise them better or dump them to save server space is my sugestion.  Most of them don't even have ten posts, let alone twenty.  You understand what I mean?
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Why?  

Why not?

Go check out alot of them.  Some of them are slow moving, but they do have a fair number of posts.  Alot of them are for dedicated MOD groups, that should be pretty self evident.  So why bring a OT discussion needlessly in a general discussion when it would be more beneficial to be in a specialized discussion area.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

It's good to have them seperated.  Otherwise OT stuff would flood into good discussions.
"I am about to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminant justice!" -Starcraft

"First rule of government spending, why build one for the price of one, when you can have two for twice the price." - S.R. Hadden (Contact)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Yes, that's pretty much it. We have unlimited server space, though that's not a reason to waste it. We do support all these things though, and even though they are slow moving, at least they exist.

Unfortunately, IW2 and FL have not been released yet. IW2 is coming in a few months though, and you can expect to see good coverage from us, and you can be assured we'll definitely be bringing it to the current FreeSpace community. FS won't be around forever, and us here at HLP hope that this great community won't just disband, but instead move on together to bigger and better things.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Currently, I think most of the OT stuff are in the Hard Light Forum and not the rest like the FreeSpace Forum.

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
It's not even that OT. It's mostly art stuff, HLP stuff that isn't strictly FreeSpace... you know.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
We will take your suggestion under consideration.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.