Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: Welcome to HLP 3.0!  (Read 19738 times)

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Welcome to HLP 3.0!
Ah, it's nice to see someone fixed the FAQ so quickly.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Oh, and that map thingy at the bottom is cool as anything :D

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Argh! You changed everything again!!! :shaking:
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Suuuuhh-weeeet.

Smells like a new car in here.

New domain, new servers ....who's paying for all that spiffy new stuff ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
No prob, UT. ;)

Oh, and one more thing, what does this new hosting do for hosting projects? Can you guys host projects again? :)

This is a distinct possibility. :cool:

*signs soul off on dotted line*

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Frea-kin AWESOME!

I knew you guys were up to something. :D

EDIT:  Christmas came early!!!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 04:54:12 pm by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I thought something was amiss when I googled "Hard Light Forums" and Gamespy came up with a "not found" error...:D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Oh... does this mean high traffic will cause site outages? That would suck. :(

For everything else, I'll pick it up as I go along, but it doesn't look bad so far! Time to head over to Grognards and see what the hosting status is...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Oh, and that map thingy at the bottom is cool as anything :D

Glad you like it. ;) Just wait until it updates (it's once a day) with all the data from you guys. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Ah, it's nice to see someone fixed the FAQ so quickly.

Thank Styxx for that. And blame me for it needing to be fixed. ;) I made the whole FAQ... and forgot to make it public-viewable. :D

New domain, new servers ....who's paying for all that spiffy new stuff ?

Staff. Though there are specifics to it that... are a little tricky to explain. I'll let Sandwich handle that if he wants to.

*signs soul off on dotted line*

We'll talk. :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Finally! I was getting tired of hanging around the Anandtech forums all the time. :p The new layout looks great for the most part. Great work. :yes: Things appear to be loading very slowly at the moment though and a few small features from the old setup are missing. And I have to say I liked the old font much better. :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Regarding the domain/server... *deep breath*

In my previous job, the company leased a server dedicated to the company and the sites the company would host. When I left for another job, I departed on good terms. I also had a deal with my (now ex-) boss that I'd maintain a few of the client sites we had going, in return for "free" hosting for HLP - "free" meaning that after costs (see below), any income from the advertisements would go to him. He agreed. :)

The server we're on is in a server farm of 1&1, pretty much the largest hosting company in the world. It's based in Germany. Before we invaded moved here, the server was getting about 20-30Gb of traffic a month. Now, we have NO idea how much traffic HLP uses in that regard, but I think that we should be able to make do with the remaining 720-730Gb/month left. ;) :D

As for the domain, that we're paying for, flat out. It's not all that expensive, tho, but still.

Soooo... I'm not allowed to encourage you to click on banners to artificially generate clicks, but I will encourage you not to hesitate to pursue anything that interests you in the ads... such as... erm... Saftey.. Light.... Curtains... uhm... :nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nuclear1

We'll talk. :D

Uh, uh! Uh! *raises hand viciously*

Talk to me too! :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

*arrives*

Hope I am not too late for the party.

Go ahead and sign me up for that webring thing so I can put it on Game Warden.

Looking cool. Shame there's no quick reply yet though.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Uh, uh! Uh! *raises hand viciously*

Talk to me too! :D

All in time, little ones. :D

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Go ahead and sign me up for that webring thing so I can put it on Game Warden.

I was just about to contact you about that. Check your Gmail account. :)

Looking cool. Shame there's no quick reply yet though.

Dude. Read the rest of this thread. ;)

Offline Descenter

• Gamers Rule, but so do Thoes Who Make Them
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Pardon my ignorance, but how do I uhide my username?
"War is like playing a game of chess.  You move units on a field, and stratiegically try to weaken the opposing force, a sort of... elequent ballet.  Sure you might lose a few units,.... but, at times, it all part of the plan..."

"Most of the human race really don't give a damn.  Well I do, and I try to do something about it by giving a damn."

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Very Nice, well worth the time. Good job Admins. :D
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I think there was some hiccup a few minutes ago. It was giving an error that the server was full.