Author Topic: Overpopulation(or lack thereof)  (Read 39369 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Overpopulation(or lack thereof)
You show me an afgan or a Romanian who thinks they're a citizen of some wonderful benevolent world republic that will NEVER exist no matter how much you wish it to happen.  I am proud of my country and I'm not ashamed to say it.

That's...nice?

So long as it doesn't prevent you from seeing why other countries are exceptional too, it shouldn't be a problem.

But the fact is that America owes a lot to everybody else, and vice versa. We're all living on the same planet here. And America does as many things exceptionally wrong as it does exceptionally right.

The need to thump your chest about MERICA comes from the same stupid elementary school urge that requires you to divide things up into 'teams' and believe your team is better. You should fight that. Your ingroup does not need to be better than all the outgroups for you to feel good as a person.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Terrorism: http://www.wordreference.com/definition/terrorism

terrorism 
A noun
 1  terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act

the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear 

Is the USA really any different from normal terrorists if you look at that definition?

Max, if you think the USA has been involved in terrorist activity you are sad.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
Its actions could be considered similar. Think about the torturing of certain suspected people in the middle east. Try to justify that. You can't. Just imagine yourself in their shoes. Also keep in mind the deliberate civilian killings against Japanese in WWII when USA put manpower into the cities before they dropped the bomb on them. I saw the story on the history channel. It was about the art of war and war in history. And don't forget the bad mercenaries hired called Black Water. That made me very angry when I thought about what they got away with before they were finally no longer being used by the Bush admin.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:48:21 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Terrorism: http://www.wordreference.com/definition/terrorism

terrorism  
A noun
 1  terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act

the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear  

Is the USA really any different from normal terrorists if you look at that definition?

Max, if you think the USA has been involved in terrorist activity you are sad.

Oh my God. Were you educated? Did you have an education? Let's put aside the torture issue (though that alone is enough) and focus on verifiable consensus history.

Did you miss the entire Cold War? All the coups we sponsored? The guerillas we armed?

Do you know where the Taliban got the weapons it needed to fight off the Soviets and come to power?

Did you miss the goddamn American Revolution?

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
not to mention our unconditional support of the terrorist nation Israel
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Not to mention if you actually study what we did to the Native Americans, and still do to them today, you would realize we successfully accomplished what the Third Reich attempted in Russia. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Turambar

But seriously, if the USA gets its **** together and starts acting civil, I'll be first in line to be all patriotic.  If we're gonna be "leader of the free world" we need to lead by example.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:56:30 pm by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline iamzack

Don't forget the US eugenics movement of the 1930s.

If individual Americans count as well, we've also got abortion clinic bombings.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
not to mention our unconditional support of the terrorist nation Israel
Keep up your Antisemitism and I'll be more than happy to report your bigoted ass.

From my perspective, the events you talk about as terrorist act were in fact acts in support for people bleeding and dying in attempts to enjoy the same freedom we do here.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Turambar

yep, they destroy palestinian homes and farmland.  for freedom.

Offline iamzack

FYI, Lib, Turambar is a Semite.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
we've also got abortion clinic bombings.

Now that I don't mind.

Offline iamzack

Now that I don't mind.

That's right, any woman who dares not carry a fetus to term for any reason, and any doctor, nurse, psychologist, and receptionist who helps, well, they all deserve to die.

Yup, sounds like pro-life to me.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
I'm not getting into this after this reply since it is off topic. I'm not into people slaughtering babies and I don't feel bad for the fates of what I consider baby killers. That is the most anti-pro life action I can think of and people who support it and preach pro-life are hypocrites. I feel only in a life and death situation should abortion be done. Otherwise if they don't want responsibility, they can adopt. That's all I will say on the matter now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:13:45 pm by High Max »

Offline iamzack

Hey, I'm not into babykilling either. However, if I don't have the right to take your kidney because I need a new one, then a baby does not have the right to hijack my uterus. The baby's rights end where my bodily autonomy begins.

Edit (due to High Max's edit):

Now that I don't mind.

That is the most anti-pro life action I can think of and people who support it and preach pro-life are hypocrites.

My head hurts.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:16:20 pm by iamzack »

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
I am not the most pro-life person and didn't claim to be, but when it comes to innocents who know no wrong or people I feel are quite moral and very caring, I can be quite pro-life and be sensitive. That should clear up the confusion.

Offline iamzack

No. You're not pro-life but you are pro-life when it comes to fetuses? But you don't mind terrorists killing women, doctors, nurses, psychologists, and receptionists. But supporting that and being pro-life makes you a hypocrite. But you're not pro-life except when it comes fetuses...

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
The Killers of innocents and the extremely evil people don't deserve life. Terrorists killing killers is different. So it does not apply to them. To go as far as to say your baby doesn't have the right to occupy your fetus sounds extremely selfish. That's your baby. Giving my kidney to a stranger is not the same as giving a uterus to your own baby, since it is yours and you had the choice to create it in the first place. Imagine a kid hearing their mother say, I choose if you have the right to occupy my utrerus and if I don't want you too, your life ends. I knew if I had a mother like that, I would be devastated and scared. That is pretty obsessive about rights to where it is becoming disturbing. What has this world come too? Thank god my mother never would think that way. I would feel like leaving someone like that and feel so unloved.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:34:12 pm by High Max »

Offline Turambar

so, you value this

more than a thinking feeling human being.

interesting.

Offline iamzack

Ohhhh I get it. You're only pro-life if it's not the life of someone who matters (in your opinion). I get it.

Well, I am pro-life except for when it comes to people who want a say in what goes on in MY uterus.