Author Topic: Multi Player  (Read 32641 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
No hyper experimental cutting edge thrown in at the last minute with minimal testing stuff in 3.4b please guys. Let's stick with the existing SEXPs. The absolute last thing we need is to sabotage our nice stable game with big can 'o worms.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I have a feeling that your filling might be correct.  Vid tried to use the num-kills sexp and it didn't work too well.  Well the mission works the way it is so it's not a real problem.  It just has 2 event's that only half work that don't effect the outcome at all.  It can always be released the way it is and fixed somewhere done the road.

I just looked at the asteroid field in V's Lite Asteroid dogfight.  It doesn't have the same behavior as TBP's asteroid field even when run in FS2_Open 3.6.9.  Could the behavior have something to do with the size of the asteroids?  This is for an active field.  Didn't' try a passive one in FS2.

Going to finish checking a couple of missions, split the Drakh ones into a gunship and regular versions and work on the gauntlet and asteroid fields.  If I get those behaving then that will only leave something like 6 missions that don't do what they are supposed to.  2 Vorlon base ones, the Whitestar one, and the Shadow heavy dogfight spawn points. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Ick. Took a look at the code and I don't think :v: ever really tested the SEXP in multiplayer to be honest. For a start it completely screws up when the ship is respawning. If Alpha 2 is respawning the game will look on the ship list for Alpha 2's object realise it can't find it (since it doesn't have one as it's respawning) and then simply return 0 as the answer. In most cases the game should ignore respawning ships named in SEXPs but in this case it really shouldn't.

Even if I fix that I suspect it will still give the wrong answers if the player drops. I don't think I'm gonna fix this one for TBP. Too much needs to be done.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
OK I will just leave it the way it is then with the comment to change it later. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Just change in an update to your multiplayer missions at a point where the game engine supports what you want to do. Also I should be more available tonight for testing. As my PC is pre-assembled.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Hey guys: I added the multi game to my calendar in the multiplayer section, but I need to know who is the host, and where is the server located, and if they'll have problems hosting the full amount of people.

And @kara: Could you sticky my new topic on GW?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Follow the instructions in the multiplayer thread. There are usually a few of us online and if you follow the instructions you'll see games listed at the correct time.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Which thread?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just change in an update to your multiplayer missions at a point where the game engine supports what you want to do. Also I should be more available tonight for testing. As my PC is pre-assembled.

That's what I plan to do.  I just put a note to do it in the comments section under mission specs in FRED. 

Should be on testing if my sinuses ever decide to cooperate today.  Little too lightheaded to play at the moment.  The banned smoking in bars but they should have banned perfume.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Ok chaps. Help me (and TBP) out here and let Fubar call this shots this evening. This is an opportunity to playtest and prove the final set of missions. Assuming there is a set everyone is happy with at the end of the night I can start uploading TBP 3.4 (final?) on Friday.

Offline maje

So why is it, I can see Captain Custard's game but not Fubar's game?
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic

try like me create a game then log out , some times this helps but generally the problem is that you need to log on to the server list before the game is logged in , its annoying , kara please correct me if im wrong .......

just a quick question , i would love to play just once or twice with 3.6.10 just to see the full graphics if any one is interested thqt would be great , pm or mail me...... and this way we could start the bug testing for when fsnet goes 3.6.10....
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Check to see if the problem affects 3.6.10 builds.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
yeah, it as follows:  if others want to see your game, they have to be in the lobby when you open yours  :mad:   same holds true (at least for my PC) for every FS2 mod and FS2 itself.

Any major mission related problems yesterday, FUBAR ?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
No it all went really well. Expecting to see a final mission set in my mailbox when I get home.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

try like me create a game then log out , some times this helps but generally the problem is that you need to log on to the server list before the game is logged in , its annoying , kara please correct me if im wrong .......

just a quick question , i would love to play just once or twice with 3.6.10 just to see the full graphics if any one is interested thqt would be great , pm or mail me...... and this way we could start the bug testing for when fsnet goes 3.6.10....
I think it may be a problem on his end, as I sometimes can't see him when he's on the same game as me (neither of us as host)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I saw this with Fubar. It would probably help if someone from that session who also had the problem when they first logged on sent me their multi.log (Edit out your password if you post it here!)

Offline Shade

I backup up mine after we ended. Attached below.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
@IP : That mission pack is going to be delayed an hour or two.  Nothing major just need to load missions one more time to check for typo's.

@Vid:  Not really.  Just know stuff.  Bluestar didn't work either because it has the same spawn point problem as the SH Heavy Assault.  Two minor bug in your MG02.  Idiot move on my part put the message in but fogot to add it to the sexp.  Also forgot to beam free the new death ship.  Just need to run it one more time.

@Kara:  Did you notice that the second time you showed up for the session that you didn't have the problem?  That's what is really strange it's like once you can see the game you can see it the rest of the day.  Probably hasn't been noticed in FS2 since the host usually restarts the server after just about every game.   I'm wondering if it has to do with the machines having 2 IP addresses.  I know Taylor worked on that for 3.6.10.