Author Topic: WIP - Cutscene: SD Lucy arrives at Tombaugh-Station  (Read 113907 times)

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Re: WIP - Cutscene: SD Lucy arrives at Tombaugh-Station
I agree that it is a brilliant effect. I just never applied it to my view of how this scene flows before

e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I'm thinking that the Lucifer comes out of a red nebula, THEN goes against the sun. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
the taranis....now adding the battle damage:

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
roughly this will be the fire emerging from big damages of the taranis:

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
furthermore, inspired by VA´s shot through the middle, i have something like this in mind ;)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
That cut-off cruiser just looks weird; it's not realistic. If you can, try putting some minor details for realism.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
boah...i h*** these comments.....please.....if you have ideas, post them more detailled....what details do you wish....?!!?  :hopping:

furthermore thats just an idea as postet.....i FIRST try/idea and for sure not final.....took 10 minutes of modeling and texturing.....
of course i would add additional details like particles (humans, debris, bottles, vacuum cleaners, etc.) flying out.....  :doubt:

furthermore.....who decides, what is realistic? pls. compare the size of the beam in the FS2 intro....this beam would be able to cut a small cruiser for SURE this way....imho

edit:
pleaes don´t get me wrong....i appreciate always critics, but i do not like it unspecified or misplaced ones.....in this case because of that:
i have something like this in mind
this means, that this is an IDEA, nothing more ;) ok?

edit2: but maybe i should do it like VA.....showing nothing until its ready.... :doubt:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 06:57:27 am by IceyJones »

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Oh god...thats as bad as INF SCP at the moment.

Ive just had an interesting idea, based on something odd that just happend to me.
I wasplaying the last mission of the FS2 campaign. I escaped the supernova. Then when the last cuscenes played, they looked like i was watching them through a red colour filter. It was a very eriee effect, that ive not been able to duplicate - they played with normal colours in the tech room.

What i was thinking was you could get everything done normal colours, then overlay it all in red to simulate the red glow of the Ribos star

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
the red glow could be done in post-work or directly in the render by using a red sun.....

but i fear that all here are then complaining about : "hey....i cannot see anything, its too dark, bla bla...."

:wtf:

so i had this red background nebula in mind.....and one scene with volumetric lighting when lucy emerges...but then only a slight red lighting during the rest.....

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I prefer the idea that the whole area was li up in red. Anyone who complains should watch CB_ShivoreFootage.ani. You can distinctly see that it's a all-over red glow from the star. factoring in the red glow in my mind makes it even scarier, like everything is bathed in blood   :eek2: :eek:  :shaking:

I mean, when that glitch occured for me it made the Sathanas-nuke-Capella sequence even creepier

Checking the ani
As to the star-glow, the imediat outline of the star is that pink colour that cherryade makes when it stains white cloth
The rest of the glow isnt blood-red. It more sort of...again cherryade colour ikke this:

factor in a glow that sort of colour post work, and you should still be able to see whats going on

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
why the hell are you so obsessed with this red effect? Wait if Icey can pull of the nebulea!
Is there actually anybody who just wants to paint the vortex red, ignoring all canon?  :lol:

Cruiser looks good, should it be sliced by Lucy? (everything else would be silly)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
well in that case, someones going to have to go and rework every single cuscene with/ani with a subspace portal.
Thats
FS1Intro
Endgame cutscenes (Both original and VAs one)
Vasuda Toasting
Bosch 4
Bastion Dies
Endgame FS2

as to the Ani files, there are to many for me to remember

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
we will see whats possible, when i setup the main-scene......i have to keep an eye on rendertimes.....also this volumetric red light TE means takes time to render....

but first of all the damaged taranis....

and a new nebula-try....render settings for this might be promising....

Offline FSW

furthermore, inspired by VA´s shot through the middle, i have something like this in mind ;)
I haven't seen the video in motion, but I think the 'cut' may be a little too flat. I am assuming that the Lucifer's cannons are just blasting, not slashing. If so, perhaps the damaged area should be more concave in shape, since the beam would be round.
It might also look cooler if the damage wasn't so 'clean'. At the moment, the hull immediately adjacent to the cut seems unaffected. Maybe the armour there could look slightly bent, charred or glowing?

To be honest, though, if this only appears on-screen for a second or so, the viewer might not notice all the details.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Sorry about being such a pain Icey. I seem to have been doing that alot lately.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
the cut was cruved....but maybe the radius was too big. so i edited it again. furthermore added some "air" escaping as well as electricity sparks...

and here a comparison between approx. beam size and the cut....

in the animation the beam also looks a bit bigger, because of the glow...

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:14:52 am by IceyJones »

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
That's looking pretty good! :yes:
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
thanks  :)

normal explosions will look like this roughly.....

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
that's it! AWESOME! (both pictures)  :yes: :yes: :yes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
trying also another type of explosion. found a great pyrocluster-setup in the net. the rendertimes are better in the beginning, but more worse after all, when more smoke emerges....so in total it should be the better choice....what do sou mean?