Author Topic: Almost here....  (Read 2558 times)

Offline 01010

Halo PC

Now all you non X-Boxers will get to see what this game is all about. I'm going to buy this again because it's worth it. :)
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Its the only game on my wish list right now...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
It will be interesting :nod:
Habeeb it...

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Originally posted by Thorn
Its the only game on my wish list right now...
So Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Thief 3, and Deus Ex 2 aren't on there? :wtf:
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
doom3 and thief3 are, for me. hallo definitively isn't.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
phert, I can only buy one game, like, every 2-3 years and that's gonna be HW2.
Doubt Halo will be moddable at all, with it being a console port and Micro$hit at the helm.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Why does nobody remember TRON 2.0? ;7
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline 01010

Originally posted by Unknown Target
phert, I can only buy one game, like, every 2-3 years and that's gonna be HW2.
Doubt Halo will be moddable at all, with it being a console port and Micro$hit at the helm.

If you read the article it says they're hoping to be releasing all the modding tools with it. I like the way everybody says "M$ will make it ****" when Microsoft have nothing to do with the game other than publishing it. It's Bungie (Gearbox for the port) that decides what happens with the game and I have a lot of faith in Bungie. One of the few games companies left that try to push themselves and continually make awesome games.
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Ummm.... Microsoft owns Bungie. You think Bungie decided to drop development of the Mac version at anything less than gunpoint?

Offline Thorn

Originally posted by ZylonBane
So Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Thief 3, and Deus Ex 2 aren't on there? :wtf:

See.. I dont have internet at home.. so I dont know that this stuff is coming out.. I did know that Halo is coming out for PC... theyve been saying it for a while...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Here's a game that M$  bought and managed to screw up: Freelancer

Here's a game they screwed up totally: Combat Fligt Sim 3

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Originally posted by Thorn
I did know that Halo is coming out for PC... theyve been saying it for a while...
So I guess you're still eagerly anticipating Duke Nukem Forever too? :p

Offline Thorn

To hell with Duke...
What did they do, cancel it?

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
No, it's just taking... forever?

Sorry, couldn't resist!
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by SKYNET-011
No, it's just taking... forever?

Sorry, couldn't resist!
:lol:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline 01010

Originally posted by ZylonBane
Ummm.... Microsoft owns Bungie. You think Bungie decided to drop development of the Mac version at anything less than gunpoint?

I know MS owns Bungie. I said that I believe, probably not clear enough anyway. However, I recall reading a posting somewhere (try to dig it up if I can) that Bungie droppped PC and Mac development to focus on the XBox version partly because MS wanted them too but mostly because it saved them a LOT of time with compatability issues and such, which gave them more time to polish the game and add graphical features that weren't yet available for either the PC or Mac.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Looks good, I'll buy it - it might not be epic anymore but it's still a good looking game with a lot to do in it.

Offline tEAbAG

Finally!  Halo with a keyboard and mouse.  Ke-rist FPS suck with a gamepad.
If happiness is a warm gun and love is a battlefield, why should we give peace a chance?

C-130 rollin' down the strip
hits a rock and start to tip
its all right, its OK
full of soldiers anyway

I think we should go Mung his dead grandma. - anOn

Offline 01010

Originally posted by tEAbAG
Finally!  Halo with a keyboard and mouse.  Ke-rist FPS suck with a gamepad.

Halo wasn't that bad to be honest, I've playes a lot worse control wise (Timesplitters 2) but I am looking forward to Keyboard and mouse, mostly the multiplayer though because you can fly the Banshee's (can't on the Box of X)