Author Topic: Be Warned  (Read 4572 times)

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
   Didn't think it was the model you were trying to show off  

Frankly I've seen it about 20 times before on your website...

But I have to say its a great model from the other things(renders) you have done.

------------------
    -Director of the staff of Hidden Terror.
   -Fleet Admiral of The Ancients Armada

The fear always controls our attitude, let us fear no more!

Offline JarC

Originally posted by Warlock:
It's sad when the majority of the ones that through out comments like that have yet to truely make a good effort to create something ORIGINAL for this game.

True, but be real honest here...and I don't mean to degrade your model, but wth did you do to the thing in the background????

It is that it has such a prominent bay and platform, but otherwise I'd hardly recognize it...my take is most folk reacted to the overal image and not the model perse...

The model looks cool, but the image just plain sucks and discredits the effort you've put into the model...sorry, just my opinion

btw. you said it yourself...shame really to put so much effort into a model and than throwing it away with a shotty image...

Take pride in your work man! and really show it!

Use the WiKi Luke
See You @ WIGGY's

Ok, maybe his picture doesn't approach your high standards, but when you criticize a work of another, you can't use that language, like "crappy" or "sucks". How would you feel if someone commented your work like this.
For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
-Blaise Pascal

Offline heretic

• http://www.warpstorm.com

Originally posted by JarC:
True, but be real honest here...and I don't mean to degrade your model, but wth did you do to the thing in the background????

It is that it has such a prominent bay and platform, but otherwise I'd hardly recognize it...my take is most folk reacted to the overal image and not the model perse...

The model looks cool, but the image just plain sucks and discredits the effort you've put into the model...sorry, just my opinion

btw. you said it yourself...shame really to put so much effort into a model and than throwing it away with a shotty image...

Take pride in your work man! and really show it!

look- people put hard work into these renders- hell, the render I made took 2 days!

just because you don't like it doesn't mean a damn thing.

from now on I say idiotic comments like JarC's should just be deleted on site.
VBB survivor: June 1999 until the end. Only banned 2 or 3 times (I think)

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...
Wow, I go away for a few days and when I come back it's the VBB around here. When did the HLP posters get so mean?
If it aint broke, break it!

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
When they forgot that unlike the VBB this place has active moderators. A lesson that shall be learn't.

Everyone pay attention. Constructive critisism is fine, helpful and great. However telling people their work "sucks" will not be tolerated here - this is a constructive community, not a destructive one. I ask you all to think about other peoples feelings before commenting on them or their work. People put a lot of work into the things they do and it's utterly rude to be unpleasent to them just because it's not up to the standards of a professional.

This thread is now owned, and I hope you'll all have a second thought about your attitudes and peoples feelings in future.

------------------
Co-Creator:  Hard Light Productions
Webmaster: Sounds of Thunder