Author Topic: What's your most 'open mouth, insert foot' post that sticks out from HLP?  (Read 1146 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
What's your most 'open mouth, insert foot' post that sticks out from HLP?
For me, it was when I had been a member for a couple of years, and lurking for a while before that.

Someone was making suggestions about contacting :v: about making {redacted}, which I'd already tried and actually managed to get a few replies.

An older forum member basically told him off.

I very n00bishly assumed that since the older member's postcount was only 100-ish, they must be new, and had no business telling off another forum member that I was familiar with.  :nervous:

I present:

That time when I {basically} called BlueFlames a n00b.  (I actually said he reminded me of a forum member (Takashi) who was extremely annoying and IIRC eventually got banned.)

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Re: What's your most 'open mouth, insert foot' post that sticks out from HLP?
That time when I {basically} called BlueFlames a n00b.  (I actually said he reminded me of a forum member (Takashi) who was extremely annoying and IIRC eventually got banned.)

What happened to those Freespace data tapes? Was the data recovered or is it still rotting away somewhere? What was on them?

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I think it might be the day I earned my custom title.  :P
el hombre vicio...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What happened to those Freespace data tapes? Was the data recovered or is it still rotting away somewhere? What was on them?

I think we followed up with :v: about those at some later date.  The response was that the tapes were still in storage, but nobody could find a tape reader for them.