Author Topic: News on the next release  (Read 7402 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
News on the next release
The next (and once again hopefully final) release of TBP is sat on my hard disk waiting to be uploaded. I should have opportunity to upload it one evening this week. Then it will take Hip some time to rebuild the installer program. I would say the most likely outcome is the new that se will be available to download in a couple of weeks.

The major update in this release is obviously multiplayer courtesy of FUBAR and VIDMASTER. Past that there are a plethora of minor bugfixes. No gameplay changes, no new ships, no new features beyond the multiplayer support discussed already.

For the information of new arrivals to this mod. With regards to the "core" part of the mod (the main game files which provide the game engine, graphics, sound etc...). We are in a consolodation and wind down phase. No additional features are planned. Campaigns and missions remain in development by various people.

In fact this is a perfect time to start using the mission designing tools provided by this mod, Now the game files are final there is no chance of changes to the game files forcing you to update your campaign.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Re: News on the next release
Just courious.
What of the Hand ship? Was also wondering if it would be released at any time, maybe as a seperate release of some sorte.
Anyway, i`d like to add, nice job on the TBP mod.   ;)
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
You can always add ships and weapons yourself to your package using tbm files. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Clearly my announcement was ambiguous in some way. No new features will be added. This means no new ships. This is the end of core development!.

That does not prevent third parties from releasing their own additional enhancements to TBP. I just ask that they do so in a fashion that does not compomise the mod. Ships for example should be released by putting the model file, textures, and a tbm (not a tbl!) in a vp file.

Third parties have been releasing missions and campaigns since day one of the mod and will no doubt continue to do so.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Sigma One

• Squadron Leader
Maybe this is the right time to thank all those folks who have been involved in the development of TBP. You did (and still do) a very, very good job. The new version is much better than the older releases (New weapon effects, glide mode, new ships and stuff).  :yes:
So a big fat THANK YOU to IPAndrews and all the others who have worded hard and endured all the annoing fans...like me...  :D
- Sigma Squadron -

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
so we are "third parties" now , lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mad2: TBP forever, world domination is imminent! :mad2:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline maje

Just courious.
What of the Hand ship? Was also wondering if it would be released at any time, maybe as a seperate release of some sorte.

The Brittlestar is on hold pending when Kazan and Bobbau have more time to implement more stable export options to PCS.  There are things with Styxx's POF exporter that screw up bounding boxes on the Hand ship that I'm not familiar with why this happens, other than that it's really pissing me off.

Also, I may hold off on the Brittlestar even when it does see completion and consider doing a "Legend of the Rangers" pack which would include the Enfalli, Valen, and Liandra" at some point (for a possible Rangers campaign, I'll probably wind up including ships from A View From the Gallery, Walkers of Sigma 957, Streibs, several League Worlds whose ships aren't seen, etc).  Please bare in mind, you'll be in for a quite a wait for those ships since this is the third campaign planned (sequel to my Brakiri-PMC campaign where you play as a Narn named C'Nar;  Said campaign is currently having it's eighth mission written up (second to last arc dealing with the Drazi). 

Also, count in that I've got three ships awaiting completion for Star Wars FOG, and you'll note that I'm particularly busy at the moment.

If anything, be glad that IP and company released the final core platform because you'd have been waiting a hell of a long time if they were going to wait for me.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
so we are "third parties" now , lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only in a technical sense. In a non-technical sense your are all my good and valued friends and colleagues.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Just courious.

The Brittlestar is on hold pending when Kazan and Bobbau have more time to implement more stable export options to PCS.  There are things with Styxx's POF exporter that screw up bounding boxes on the Hand ship that I'm not familiar with why this happens, other than that it's really pissing me off.

Also, I may hold off on the Brittlestar even when it does see completion and consider doing a "Legend of the Rangers" pack which would include the Enfalli, Valen, and Liandra" at some point (for a possible Rangers campaign, I'll probably wind up including ships from A View From the Gallery, Walkers of Sigma 957, Streibs, several League Worlds whose ships aren't seen, etc).  Please bare in mind, you'll be in for a quite a wait for those ships since this is the third campaign planned (sequel to my Brakiri-PMC campaign where you play as a Narn named C'Nar;  Said campaign is currently having it's eighth mission written up (second to last arc dealing with the Drazi). 

Also, count in that I've got three ships awaiting completion for Star Wars FOG, and you'll note that I'm particularly busy at the moment.

If anything, be glad that IP and company released the final core platform because you'd have been waiting a hell of a long time if they were going to wait for me.

Thanks for the heads up maje  :D
Clearly my announcement was ambiguous in some way. No new features will be added. This means no new ships. This is the end of core development!.

That does not prevent third parties from releasing their own additional enhancements to TBP. I just ask that they do so in a fashion that does not compomise the mod. Ships for example should be released by putting the model file, textures, and a tbm (not a tbl!) in a vp file.

Third parties have been releasing missions and campaigns since day one of the mod and will no doubt continue to do so.

Got it, crystal clear.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:33:17 pm by Whitelight »
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Will this final release be uploaded to tbp.freespacemods.net?

Just want to know if I'll be experiencing a nice bandwidth spike.  :p
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Yes, if that's okay mate.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
No problem!  Glad to host the project's files.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Now with Hip63. Installer being built.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
That's what that smell is that is keeping everyone away from the forum.  It's hip on the frying pan now.   :D

BTW IP.  Some very nice finishing touches to the tables.   :yes:
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

like?

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
like?

Fixed bugs with the PSI Thunderbolt being unable to carry certain secondaries, and the Vorlon Dreadnaught having >100 hits. Fleshed out the multiplayer tech data for a few ships.

Offline Vidmaster

cool  ;)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Final countdown.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Were leaving together,
But still its farewell
And maybe well come back,
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
Were leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?

... ahem, sorry. Carry on.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Installer and DVD are built :)

uploading now

The DVD will not go public untill the installer version is certified as FINAL

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!