Author Topic: I am not amused  (Read 10378 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too

no, this is not acceptable.

and before you brush this off as random forumite spam, ask yourself how oftine have I made a spectacle like this.

I mean some times it's like there are organized plans on how to chase off what few remaining members we have.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Well, on the plus side you can minimize every other section of the board above the new 'off topic' bit, reducing your browsology.

EDIT; I checked.  You can minimize the 'community projects', 'freespace' and 'hosted projects' part and it'll remember it for the next session.  So I'll see if this stupidity with perfectly valid, interesting topics being moved to the 'spam' forum continues before deciding whether to abandon this place for dust.

See;

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 08:29:49 am by aldo_14 »

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
At first I thought this reorganization crap was an April Fools joke.... and then I remembered that its not yet April 1st.........

Oh and yes, I agree with Bob.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Please change it back. This is making it look stupid. Please, please, please, change it back!! I don't care if it took you 10 days with no sleep to re-organize all the topics, change it back. Mneryahgfhghgafghhhh you.

Long live the HLP.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I rarely use the main page of the forums anyway. I usually go directly to unread replies and then I check all unread stuff.

So it doesn't make that big a difference for me anyway. :rolleyes:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Before this gets locked I'm gonna have to say.

I shall lol when all of the "spam and arguments" spill right over into the Community Projects/Games & Gaming/Freespace sections.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Inquisitor

Well, we'll have some control over that then, as project moderators won't we?
No signature.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ok, right. There's 2 arguments here. One is legit, the other isn't. The legit one being that the gendisc really neednt be split into so many subforums. The illegit one being that the forums were moved... Moving gendisc to the bottom is irrelevant. Stop complaining for the sake of complaining.
However, the forum being split into three entirely new subforums is a pain for moderation and for people following threads, I agree.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
You know, with that moderator badge you should be careful how you declare certain points "irrelevant".
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
If you are seriously bothered by the fact that you have to scroll down the page, your argument has little credibility. Sorry.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
What bugs me at this point is just that posts in the Pub don't count toward your count when we already have a spam forum.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Could someone explain to me why does the post count matter so much?

You can still go to someone's stats and see how many messages they have on Pub or other forums that don't count into the post count, if you really are interested in it. If you aren't interested.

In fact I would welcome the disappearance of the post count indicator entirely... on every forum I go to.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
the fact that it's new location is pissing a great many people off is per'se a point you should be listening too, no one was comlaining about HL being on the top, now half the forum is haveing a spasm because you moved it for no reason, even if we have no rational reason to not like it the fact that we don't like it should be enough for you.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
If you are seriously bothered by the fact that you have to scroll down the page, your argument has little credibility. Sorry.

I think people are more bothered by the fact that it's an attempt to reorient the forum away from what the majority of users like. Then again, I was just calling you out on putting an official stamp on your own opinion.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
the fact that it's new location is pissing a great many people off is per'se a point you should be listening too, no one was comlaining about HL being on the top, now half the forum is haveing a spasm because you moved it for no reason, even if we have no rational reason to not like it the fact that we don't like it should be enough for you.

No, about 6 people are having this "spasm."

I think people are more bothered by the fact that it's an attempt to reorient the forum away from what the majority of users like. Then again, I was just calling you out on putting an official stamp on your own opinion.

I was doing nothing more than speaking my piece. What is it, now that I have this badge Im no longer entitled to an opinion?

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
You may have to learn that the hard way Taristin.

A word to the wise, as unnecessary as it may seem, always word your thoughts with "in my personal opinion" or whatever when you're saying stuff like this. It gives you something to fall back on when people get upset that they don't agree.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
What a ridiculous double standard. People (especially here) seem to get upset over the most frivolous of things. Everyone isn't going to be pleased by any changes taking place here, trying to please everyone only makes everyone mad at you.

The three boards need to be remerged into one, but need to stay at the bottom, and post count should be re-enabled. Anyone who still complains after those changes are complaining and arguing for the sake of complaining and arguing and should be ignored.

I had a long thing here, but I dont even feel like wasting my breathe. Ive said my piece over and over again, as has everyone else.

ooooh, IMO, of course. :rolleyes:

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Everyone is just scared of changes. Eventually, they'll grow to accept it, and maybe like it. Until then, we can only hope that the complaint threads do not bog down the place (more so). :p

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
or we will leave. we lose about 10% of the board every time some **** like this happens. and we never get it back.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I doubt we "lose" that many, and we're always getting new members.  Honestly how often do you even post in the General Discussion that you're making the biggest deal out of this? :wtf: And threatening to leave is an awfully... well... egotistical* threat. Should the forums have been split? Probably not. Should post count have been disabled for the entire section? Not the entire, maybe just the padded cell. Should the section have been moved? Definitely.

*- IMO (as a disclaimer for Kalifireth)