Author Topic: A spamage section?  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I think we should have a section of the forums completely devoted to the dreaded thing of... dreadedness... S P A M i say this for two reasons: too many fun threads like speaking in engrish and they hurled themselves into the void of spam with no fear threads. lets face it: we simply do NOT have a section devoted to these kind of topics. hell these get locked in general chat so hows about it? post your thoughts here.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm going to go with "no".

Why? Because we're not about encouraging spam. There are plenty of forums where you can spam and that's great. This isn't one of them. If we started allowing spam then we'd see it creeping in elsewhere in other sections of the forum and it'd be down to the moderators and admins to police that.

If we adopt a "no spam" approach, people simply can't do it. If they do and their thread gets locked - that's life. They should know better.

I think it'd take a lot to convince me otherwise on this one.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We already tried that.  It was called "The Padded Cell" and it met with loud protests for almost the entire period of its existence.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
No, spamming without purpose is against the laws of physics and fun.

It's only fun if it is in the general section and the purpose, to get the thread locked. :arrr:
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
We already tried that.  It was called "The Padded Cell" and it met with loud protests for almost the entire period of its existence.

Ya, Hellstryker... you should have heard it.  They sounded like a bunch of 3-5 yr olds who were told that they couldn't do something / or had to do something that they didn't like... it rather shocked me a little bit.

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
I'm going to go with "no".

Why? Because we're not about encouraging spam. There are plenty of forums where you can spam and that's great. This isn't one of them. If we started allowing spam then we'd see it creeping in elsewhere in other sections of the forum and it'd be down to the moderators and admins to police that.

If we adopt a "no spam" approach, people simply can't do it. If they do and their thread gets locked - that's life. They should know better.

I think it'd take a lot to convince me otherwise on this one.

Yeah what the dude said. If you want to SPAM go somewhere else.
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Im not saying i want to spam but there are many rather amusing threads that get locked that have no place to go, for example the old speaking in engrish thread i laughed my ass of and i was like... why was this locked in general discussion... that really made no sense at all when it wasnt for spam but just for a good laugh i see your point and understand it but seriously tell me stuff like this shouldnt have a section -.- :

You think that Im not saying て I would like to transmit to un-discriminating, but with the place where it goes good thing it is locked, you obtain, for example many with the thread of engrish which is the somewhat funny thread thing I who am old and speak me am slow in order amuse, for there to be a section in this shouldnt, the wasnt my your point for the laughing which for スパム is exactly good grasp, you understand, forming, when it is not and/or informing the raw materials to me seriously this which really meaning tightens at all with outline why... oh the high way... was, -. -:

Lol...
I wont push this any further and lock if you like. just a friendly suggestion from your local shivan :rolleyes:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
... There's The Classics.  :nervous:

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Now that you mention it, yes there is.

The point being that allowing spam openly would result in far too much of it and in locations other than that which are meant for it. So we don't allow it. If something is genuinely worth saving we can of course move it to the classics section and if you want to recommend a thread you can "report" it and write in the description that you think it's suitable for the classics.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I am totally fine without a spam forum.
-C

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Define spam.  Spam is any subject matter that is "off-topic".  So long as the posts in a thread are in line with the thread title, and the thread's category, then they are not spam.  Thus, any post in the "General Discussion" thread that follows the subject of its thread is not spam.  :p

Offline LOA--JK47

• Dekkers original form.
    • http://Janus_tuts.tripod.com
Spam tends to be an unrelated response to a subsequent post in my own personal definition.

if you ignore the previous sentances and take the following as my reply you'll see what i mean.

I LOVE KITTENS SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  :nod: ;7 ;7 :lol:

see^ that is spam.
All shall fear the redness of my ageless war machine