Author Topic: Change / Addition Request Thread, April 2007  (Read 14320 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Change / Addition Request Thread, April 2007
Spoiler:
tags back please

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
.OGG replacing .ANI would be nice, as would that new power management system I outlined a while back, as would world peace. More importantly though consolodation of some things that should work already would be great. I'm speaking of the warpin speed which is buggy, and multiple docking which is also buggy. The issues with both of these are known I believe so I'm not sure what good mantising them again would do.

Addendum: Oh something actually seriously useful! Real weapon accuracy for the AI! (as opposed to just changing the firing speed

Uhm... this is for HLP changes, not SCP. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Hi there all you HLP'ers Just thought of something, how about either a specific Tutorial section or a subforum for the modding section.

Just a thought I had, so if you think this is a bad idea feel free to slap me with a random shivan figther
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Get rid of the 8) becoming 8) thing, it messes up people's lists. Keep :cool: as :cool:.

5) Five
6) Six
7) Seven
8) Chill, man...
9) Nine
10) Ten

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Hi there all you HLP'ers Just thought of something, how about either a specific Tutorial section or a subforum for the modding section.

Just a thought I had, so if you think this is a bad idea feel free to slap me with a random shivan figther

*slaps dice with a random shivan fighter*

actually your idea was pretty good i just never pass up an invitation like that :D

what do we have become of threads with actual tutorial content? we usually let em sink to the archived pits of the server where theyre stored on the slower hard drives, or hell forbid, digital tape, where no noob can find them. i mean come on, stick em on their own board, strip them of spam, and change their titles and other attributes to make them easyer to find. come up with a library code system so you can pull up tutorial threads by subject and version. like if i want table editing tutorials for 3.6.7 i pull up modding from one dropdown box, table editing from another, and 3.6.7 from a third, hit search, and volla i have all the relevant tutorial threads on the subject.

the version is important because some data is usefull even if old, however its pretty useless if the version number is absent. if i want something pertaining to 3.6.9, and it brought up something for 3.6.7, id be rather confused myself. old information can still be usefull, and even more usefull if you know what version its from.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:44:52 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
the [lvlshot] tag could be a nice thing to have back

other than that.... I guess I have no other desires
Habeeb it...

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Revive various tags (spoiler, lvlshot, &c). Also, would it be possible to have a fully working list of campaigns, not just name, progress, and (probably) broken link?
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline b2af

I have an idea

1) Make this site the ultmate freespace stop. Get all your mods here, Updates, Missions, Campaigns, Anything Freespace get it here you know? I am getting sick and tired of trying to find freespace mods, missions, and updates among so many sites of freespace. Make things easy and put all that in one little section so I can get in and out and play some Freespace.

P.S What happen to Freespace  multiplayer?

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
I'm techincally still a newbie (but a wise newbie, lol ;))

An organized download section would be nice, something like THIS EXAMPLE perhaps from the Fighter Squadron community I've been involved with over the last few years (a great community btw, just like here ;))

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I have an idea

1) Make this site the ultmate freespace stop. Get all your mods here, Updates, Missions, Campaigns, Anything Freespace get it here you know? I am getting sick and tired of trying to find freespace mods, missions, and updates among so many sites of freespace. Make things easy and put all that in one little section so I can get in and out and play some Freespace.

1 It already is, just needs a little organization; but try our download site: http://scp.indiegames.us

P.S FS2NetD

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Front page less like somebody's LJ, please.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:wtf: ?  Explain yourself I can't understand...
*define LJ* ??

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
*define LJ* ??

LiveJournal
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I have an idea

I have an idea:

:welcome:

36th ;)

HLP is big, but the other sites have their importance and are free to host mods. Remember that many of the members of Game Warden aren't interested on FreeSpace, only on Battlestar Galactica(I know one of them...)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
*define LJ* ??

LiveJournal

Thx much :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
jr2, please keep this sensible. This isn't the forum for spamming orly pictures. ://Kal

Kal, please visit here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,45076.msg951272.html#msg951272
Then please state again why we don't need |vshot| :p

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
What do your incessant need to reply after every single post anyone else makes, and vshot, have to do with each other? :wtf:

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Okey-dokey. It's Wednesday and the closing date of this survey. This topic may be re-opened at a later date but for now I'm closing it and leaving it stuck so that it can be analyzed and we can start work on the next bit.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this - your responses helped a great deal :)

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Ok people, I've now had a chance to look over this survey as well. As with the forums one, it'll take a while to get things sorted. But I now have a ballpark idea of what we need to do.

Cheers!