Author Topic: *jumps on the HTL bandwagon*  (Read 21177 times)

*jumps on the HTL bandwagon*
why cant i have it now????

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Black Wolf
Tis weird - I'd never, ever considered the possibility that they might be bumped in, nor had anyone I've spoken to since these models have started coming out, and yet it seems every HTL Vasudan model featuring them has them recessed in.

If you look at the way the light hits it on the FS1 texture though, it's pretty obvious that it's coming out.

How true :)
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Hasn't been updated because MAX to POF converter is broke and I'm not touching TS ever again. :p
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well render a shot of it in max with it's proper textures applied.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Beowulf

My God! Something that beautiful shouldn't exist! :eek2:
Never Forget

"It is always better to avenge dear ones than to induldge in mourning. For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end. Let whoever can win glory before death. When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark."
                               --Beowulf

"... and no, real life sex is not just a myth. You just need to come out of your house once every while..." ~Tiara

YeeeeHoooooh! is the mood of the day. :p

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Bobboau
well render a shot of it in max with it's proper textures applied.

Textures have been applied, that's how I got the bumpmaps. Trouble is that it doesn't look all that different when it's textured, so I posted the bumped one instead because it was cool.

By the way, the polycount on this new one is actually low enough it might work in retail FS2 as well. We shall see.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Galemp
Textures have been applied, that's how I got the bumpmaps. Trouble is that it doesn't look all that different when it's textured, so I posted the bumped one instead because it was cool.

You can easily change that if you fix the mapping ;7
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
doh, double clicked...
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
*walks in the door and kicks people till theyre awake*

oy! this thing done yet?
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The model's all done, but I can't export it using Max and I don't have Truespace installed.

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by Galemp

Textures have been applied, that's how I got the bumpmaps. Trouble is that it doesn't look all that different when it's textured, so I posted the bumped one instead because it was coo.

that had occured to me but I kept quiet incase I was missing something obvious...:nervous:

Offline redmenace

anychance of finishing this soon?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Get Styxx to fyxx his plugin for Maxx.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Having unraveled the mysteries of the POF exporter plugin, I am now finally able to release my updated Aten.

The improvements aren't really that noticeable, but they are there.

I modeled the bottom based on the LOD1 textures; there was originally supposed to be a dock point there.

It's fully compatible with any tables, textures or missions you might have, just drop it in your Models folder. Chances are it would work in retail FS2 as well, but try it at your own risk.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Sorry to be blunt, but this thing doesn't even start to compare with your faustus ;)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Make some screens with low ambient setting and -spec on, and you will see all the little extruded/recessed bits a whole lot better.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Works.... And looks good!

Offline Roanoke

tut tut, bumping old threads again eh ? :p

Those Screenshots don't even BEGIN to do the model justice...
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
sorry, but the more recent SCP builds have had some lighting issues. Blame them. :hopping: