Author Topic: GVSC Neith  (Read 20341 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki

I know a bunch of INFR1 models are getting makeovers. Are there any plans to revamp this ship or to do something else in its place?

If not, mind if I stake a claim on it? And make it roughly 3x larger, as a counterpart to the SOC Oculus? I'd like a Vasudan spinny sciencey thingy for something.

I promise it will be less phallic. Unless you have a really twisted imagination...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This model was dropped so long time ago... Most of us probably forgot to death about it's existence.
I think you don't need our permission. A lot of vessels from first release of Inferno were upgraded by other teams [like Boreas and Icelus for Shadow Genesis, or Warlock for SoA]. This is very old asset, and as far as I remember, it was never used in main Inferno campaign. I don't remember if we have something like this in our actual campaign, but if we do, it's probably Setekh.

Go ahead and show what you've done :D

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline mr.WHO

It will be hard to make it something more than Vasudan d*** with the windmill :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If not, mind if I stake a claim on it?
Feel free to do so.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Alright, I'm on my way. Will post WIP shots when it's more than 200 polies.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
As promised.

This is partially based on the Setekh concept art (right side of this image.) I have textures well underway, but it needs more work. If any of your master artists want a crack at it I'd be happy to distribute the WIP.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:52:10 pm by Galemp »

Oh, that's a sweet thing. Is it for Scroll? But I don't like the engine section that much, it doesn't look really Vasudan. Also, what is the role of this ship? I always thought a post-Capella AWACS (if it is one) would be less fragile, but maybe thats just my imagination...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Scroll is using the GVSC Nidaba, also by me, which is based on the other half of that same concept art!

No, this is for... something else. ;7 It's a post-Capella Vasudan science cruiser / research station and not meant for front-line combat. As I mentioned earlier it's going to be substantially larger than the INFR1 Neith, with HP to match.

I could never get the hang of Vasudan engines. Its not too late to change them, I'm just not inspired. Maybe I'll just say the Terrans built them.

Hmm maybe some sort of inverted U-shape with 5 exhausts or so for the engines?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I don't follow. Can you show me a sketch?

Well, I try...

To me it looks like all 4 engines are seperate. To make the rear (a bit) more Vasudan looking I would connect the 2 at the top with each other, about this way (O is for the engines):

/O==O\
 ///       \\\
/O         O\

It wouldn't take too much time in case it turns out to be bad looking :nervous:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Oh, I see. Break up the radial symmetry a bit, you mean? I can see how that would help! Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam

Yep! :)
I'm not 100% sure but I think I have never seen a Vasudan engine like that before. In particular I like how it now reflects the design of rest of the model. :yes:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
It's simple, geometrically, but it does call back to the original low-poly model much more closely.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Wasn't the low poly model an upscaled missile with fins? :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I remember I rescaled that thing once to use it as some long-range missile like the Trebuchet...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Here's a download link to the package. It's assumed you know where these things belong.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I thought it was vorlon :/

I applaud the extra new ship though.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png