Author Topic: Drakh/Shadow question  (Read 6918 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
You could try deleting the dkcruiser.ibx in your \data\cache folder, so it will create a new ibx file from the pof.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline dragon1

Originally posted by Col. Fishguts
You could try deleting the dkcruiser.ibx in your \data\cache folder, so it will create a new ibx file from the pof.

Just tried that. Still a no go.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
i have this problem as well, think i posted a while back, i have never got the main beams to fire, even when i tried replacing the weapon with something else even a none-beam weapon, i am using the build that came with 3.2. So i think i somehow must have a bit of a corrupt download, but i dnt want to redownload the whole base file it for one model, because i can't get broadband where i live, so i will wait for the nxt release.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Just like Dragon said... it also didn't work for me...The ibx file didn't had any effect...:sigh:
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Ok download my Drakh cruiser pof and place it in your data/models folder,if you havn't got those folders, create it. I know this works,if it doesn't then you must try another scp build as some of them had issues with beam weapons,some fired,some didn't.

Drakh Cruiser
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Hmmm, It seems i`ve been using an inferno build that works fine, but when I tried the fs2open_r build that came with the release the game crashed on the mission loading screen.. I won`t go as far to say its just the build causing the problem, but it may be a little of both the model and the build... Everything else seems to works fine with the install build..
I`m going to extract the Drakh cruiser from the vp and take a closer look at it.  

Could it be the FOV on the main beam turrets is to narrow?

I`m thinking the FOV has no bearing, but i`ll try anything once. But that wouldn`t make the game crash, to my knollage.

(edit) Ok FOV on turrets 01a and 02a is 40 and 60 on the rest of the single part turrets. 40 is a little narrow, but it would still fire..  And the B5 team had good reasons for setting it at that value, probably to keep it from firing through it self, thats good enough reason for me  :nod:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 08:41:51 pm by 695 »
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
If you're trying new builds delete your .ibx files from the cache folder just to be on the safe side. Also as Sigma said, certain builds did have issues firing beams. It took us quite a while to find a good build to release with 3.2. Well actually karajorma found it :D
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Thanks Sigma, download tht pof, seems to of sorted my problems it now fires YAY!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
?

Really!?

Wow that was wierd.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline dragon1

Ahhh...Help!!!

I downloaded the Dkcruiser.pof and put it into Data/Models (I created a new directory for 'models'). Now when I open FRED and try to access the model, the program crashes with;

[AppName: fred2_open_r.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: fred2_open_r.exe ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 001048b3]

Sorry about being such a pain in the ass.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
No no IP... That's weird :wtf:

Went too complex now... I may know all about FRED, but when those error messages come up with all the numbers I lose touch with my conscious mind...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Does FRED work if you remove the model again? What if you delete the relevent IPX too?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline dragon1

FRED works once the model is gone. I tried deleting the IPX file. Still a no go. The old model is still there, but with the persisting problem.

Offline aipz

After downloading the model...
Still no go...:doubt:
Deleting the Ibx also didn't help...
I didn't have any troubles with FRED after I extracted the model to data/models...;)
For me nothing has changed...:doubt:
Really weird issue...:wtf:
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline dragon1

I deleted the new POF file and re-downloaded it.
Now FRED works again, but the damn DK Cruiser just won't fire. I am where aipz is at again.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Hey aipz if you're not careful you'll deplete HLP's supply of smileys.
They'r a depletable resource you know... :dizzy:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline aipz

Don't worry never used them all...;)
I wanted only to add a bit of expression to my posts...:nervous:

EDIT Guess I'll just wait to TBP 3.3, as my knowledge to solve such problem is limited...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 02:30:19 pm by 2633 »
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Well I'm clean out of ideas aswell.:confused:
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline dragon1

I just tried again and found something interesting. The hardpoints on the DK Cruiser tend to flicker when the ship comes into range to fire. I don't know what this means, but perhaps others have seen this.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
That's a clipping problem. Not relevant to the problem at hand. Nor can it be fixed in it's own right.