Author Topic: Universes Chaos Mission 1  (Read 12756 times)

Universes Chaos Mission 1
Coming soon....

Universes Chaos Mission 1....
A taste before the campaign......

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
The Centauri will get their asses handed to them... unless they take their mass drivers? Actually I tell you what they really need to make this a good match. One word. Octurion.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

I think it will be a good match! :)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
If Thrawn is commanding the Imperials, the Centauri will get their collective asses handed to them.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Even if Zap Brannigan was commanding the Imperials, they'd still rip the Centauri a new one and turn Centauri Prime into a lifeless ball of molten rock.

The only good challenge for SW in any FS mod I know of is my own Starforce, and even they will lose.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Originally posted by Woolie Wool

The only good challenge for SW in any FS mod I know of is my own Starforce, and even they will lose.

Shivans would rip the empire a new one ;)
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Guess we will see.... depends how many, and what is in use.... IF... The Death Star is there... They are done.... Ship to ship... perhaps a chance... since I do not have the DS ready yet... this will be a ship to ship contest... The super is not ready yet.... However there star destroyers are significant.... I am finishing up a few more models, and will soon put it together... Mind you... It may not be completely balanced... I am slowly formulating the chart, but conversion is slow.... Dont have enough people to put the info together.... However, once the info is there I will balance out everything as I find out... This mission release will be 1.0 and as things upgrade so will the mission... I plan on making about 3 to 4 follow ups with this particular versus... After which I will do other versus... By request or by what you submit my way! I just need more help to bring this awsome what if concept to life.... :)

Even with the Deathstar, pfft. Keep in mind, IIRC the Deathstar was pretty much a one of a kind ship.

FUKOOOOV!

yep.... but keep in mind that anything is possible with chaos! This is a what if idea.... so keep what if and possibilities open!

...anything is possible, you say...

...Chaos...hmm

Can you get Woomeister to lend you the Gargant...?:nervous:

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Skullar

Alien   vs.   Predator

Batman  vs  Supermann

Coca Cola   vs.    Pepsi

thats Ok... but those Space Opera mixes are .... well.... like trying to bring palestines and jews together, they just don't mix.

And those crossovers never lead to anything good. The idea is to bring together the best of both worlds, but unfortunately, the result just lacks the consistency of each world.

No battleof endor-syndrom , no coca cola vs pepsi , and no more design flaws, please trust me on that.

You guys are no fun! It is just for the thrill of it! Granted... Nothing is perfect, but all these ideas are sci-fi fantasy, and so are the mods... You can either enjoy the mod, or dont bother with it... As for me... I am going to have fun!

Offline Skullar

Well , I just wanted to say we have all seen this before, pal :)

Star Trek  vs Star Wars
Star Trek  vs  Babylon 5
Star Wars vs Babylon 5 ...

The problem is ... They are not playing at the same time ( Star Trek is further in the furure than Bab5, and Star Wars shows events that happened a LONG time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR away )  not playing in the same universe ( history was different "on the way" to the future ) and not with the same physical reality.

What do you want to do ? You cannot tell a trustworthy background story, or develop a really good storyline with historical background, coz whatever you come up with contradicts with "historical facts" of at least one space opera. Everything would have to stay uncomfortably ... simple.

The only thing you can do with your Empire vs Centauri  thing is to let imperial vessels fight against centauri vessels... but this would get boring pretty fast.

I just think this is a dead end, and I fear there won't be as much fun as you want to have out of it.
Personally, I will ignore it.

"Either we commit ourselfs to this completely, or we don't do it."
-- John Sheridan , No surrender No retreat

If you do 20 things simultaneously, you don't do even one of them properly. Just like those heroes out there who work on 8 FS2 projects at the same time, profoundly lacking the ability to CONCENTRATE. Well , some of them just do it so they can jerk off at the sight of a dozen project ribbons in their profile *lol*

Well, you are working on Star Wars as well..
You will be happier if you'd do B5only and StarWarsonly stuff I predict.

I think there is place enough for all universes , I love B5, and I enjoy Star Wars , looking forward to StarWars mod releases too..... but I still hope they don't get in each others way.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 04:02:28 pm by 737 »

Oh boy.... I am not going to rewrite anything... This is its own little mod.... I am slowly writing a story about the knossos gate.... This is a "what if" idea... This little mission is just a small piece to a bigger project... Plus, all stories are being looked at, and carefully weighed... In the mean time.... As I said... This is strictly for fun... I know you are dedicated completely to B5, and I am as well.. This is just one mission.... The campaign is a little bit more complex... Plus consider this.... It is easier to criticize another persons idea than it is to build on.... The hardest part is to help find a way to make the idea work.... I know the ideas have been played with, but I did not play them nor make them.... Anyway... I am not going to turn this little idea into a flame war.... That is not my intentions at all.... All this is, is fun, and perhaps to recap a bit more inspriation for modding is all.... Now.... Do you have any constructive remarks, or no? :D

OK... You editted a bit while I was responding... First off... This is not a job, and I have done a lot for B5 and a few other mods as well... This is not a job, nor is this paying my bills... This is a hobby, and for fun.... Did you lose sight of that??? Now stop being super critical, and if you have something to say to me, pm me.... Do not do this in public....

Offline Skullar

Yes, I have a final remark.

1. If its good for inspiration recap, then go for it.

2. I don't see HOW it could ever work. As soon as I see a Centauri ship and an imperial ship at the same time I'd think.... "Huh ? Something is not right here." It produces "This doesn't fit together" feelings, and such feelings are being avoided at all costs. I can even give you a psychological explanation if you want.
It would just be as if the greek Warriors in "Troja" were armed with AK47 StormRifles. and the Trojans were fighting back with magical powers..... no matter how funny the idea is, in the end people would still prefer the ORIGINAL version without misplaced weaponry and supernatural skills.

So, even if you have blessed misson designing skills, come up with a great story.... different univeses didn't fit, they don't fit and they won't fit in the future.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 04:28:01 pm by 737 »

Offline Skullar

oops ..... well, Ill keep my mouth shut now.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
I'll drop my humble opinion here..

Why everything must be so serious? I'm looking forward to see the chaos. I think it's gonna be very interesting and fun, despite the fact it isn't real, or canon, or historical or the universes are diffirent, etc.

For a change, something completely diffirent.. Gotta be fun :)
No surrender, no retreat.

Thank you!! That is all I am trying to share!

Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
...anything is possible, you say...

...Chaos...hmm

Can you get Woomeister to lend you the Gargant...?:nervous:

Maybe if I brought flowers???? lol! :)